Agile Java Developer - London - Up to £550 per day
Our client is major broadcasting organisation; they are seeking passionate and effective agile java developers to help grow the online business. These individuals will be self-organizing and will build on a culture of success.
As a Java Software Developer you will be a disciplined professional that displays technical aptitude and will possess a level of business acumen. You will work in a dedicated product stream as part of a self-organising and empowered team (Agile). In bi-weekly iterations using Extreme Programming you will showcase the functionality you have completed to the Product Sponsor and stakeholders and deliver high-quality working software to a production environment.
• Deliver production-ready running tested software in every iteration.
• Work as part of the team to support and maintain the live product (including first line support).
• Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning games, showcases, and retrospectives.
• Collaborate with the Product Owner to write user stories, providing information such as cost (estimates) and technical risk.
• Work with the testers to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied.
• A passion for Agile methodologies and concepts such as XP, Lean, and Kanban
• Proven delivery experience of large-scale, Java-based projects
• Java 7 (or 8)
• Agile – pair programming, Scrum, XP, TDD
• Testing tools & mock frameworks
• RESTful APIs
• Experience of high volume high availability systems (backend focus)
• A background in Continuous Integration and Delivery practices
• Knowledge of other JVM based languages (Groovy, Scala, etc)
• Interest and experience of dev ops
• Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting tools, e.g. Splunk, Logstash, Kibana, App Dynamics etc
• Experience with Cassandra or other No SQL databases
• Micro Services Architecture
PERSONAL SKILLS / COMPETENCES REQUIRED
• Someone that demonstrates active and conscious awareness of their environment, sensing and anticipating situations and being able to ask the right questions at the right time.
• Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context.
• Excellent at interacting with empathy and humility.
• A persistent energising and motivating influence.
• Someone that is comfortable with change, able to fail fast, learn quickly, and be able to adapt to new challenges. Assessments:AssessmentGrade Skills to Search: Full Text Search Terms: Order Info Viewable on Client MyAquent:Order Info Viewable on Talent MyAquent:Talent MyAquent Job Identifier:Disney Position Title: