My client is a Tier 1 global technology brand with a fantastic international presence and a reputation as the biggest brand within their sector. Currently going through a busy phase where agency relationship management is now essential, they are looking for a committed, personable and hardworking Agency Relations Manager to join their London Hub.
As an Agency Relations Program Manager you're ideally a big thinking project or account manager, balancing strategic projects with day-to-day executional skills. You're expected to be fluent in agency best practice and project management, with a healthy experience set across agency and client side work and familiarity with contractual matters. You have extensive experience in partner management and marketing governance, and a deep and wide understanding of the agency landscape. In this role, you'll structure and deliver a full program of internal and external-facing initiatives on behalf of the brand's European Agency Relations Team in close cooperation with a cross functional team to streamline how this team collaborate with its creative partners. You'll be tasked with creating and administering systematic processes, and will serve as a key contact across marketing.
You'll have the full agency roster and be able to work with agencies on exciting projects from experiential, social, digital right through to branding activation projects as well so there will be plenty of opportunity to work on exciting projects.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Working across and consulting with Marketing and cross-functional teams to own and drive the - planning, set up and delivery of the expanding EMEA Agency Relations program in collaboration with Legal, Global Business Affairs, Supplier Sourcing, and Global Agency Relations.
- Managing, maintaining and evolving the EMEA creative agency roster.
- Management of broad agency and marketing communications and trainings related to process improvements.
- Creation and administration of systematic processes.
- Support with other general business and legal affairs matters: eg. structuring major retainer agreements, advising marketers on contracting.
Secondary responsibilities would include
- Support work with cross-functional teams to influence, implement, extend, manage, and evolve our creative resource ecosystem
- Work across marketing to connect the right projects with the right agency partner
- Help develop and refine marketing briefs
- Support implementation of systems, processes, and events to optimize brand operations across products and functions
- Take on special projects as needed
Experience and Skills
- At least 6 years of work experience in brand and technology marketing
- Proven track record of successfully managing cross-functional teams and agencies.
- Experience working on both agency and client-side, in a variety of functions (preferred: business affairs, account management, production), with intimate working knowledge of how agencies function and how decisions are made.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to effectively operate in fast-paced, constantly evolving, team environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, solve complex problems and scale effectively across a large organization and highly distributed team.
- Manage time effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team.