Exciting opportunity to join a retail and brand agency as a Director of Project Management. In order to be considered for this role, you must have extended experience working within a retail and brand agency on large scale projects as well as managed a team of Project Managers.
This position is a key member of the Agency team and helps to ensure all client and business goals are met.
- Lead internal project teams for client assignments.
- Manage all steps of projects to ensure that project timing and budget stays on track.
- Initiate necessary meetings, issuing requests and directing flow of information, to ensure projects are properly moving forward.
- Understand and interpret account sales forecasts as they relate to timing of execution for project and drives project to meet the forecast.
- Work with team to create project time lines as well as management of the time lines to ensure that key milestones are met.
- Raises awareness to account manager and project team if/when milestones are not met.
- Holds team members accountable for delivering prescribed information / solutions / deliverables previously agreed to meet critical dates.
- Coordinate and communicate change management within project and developing corresponding plan alterations.
- Ensure proper and complete project closure, and invoicing.
- Manage inventory disposition, and other after-the-project duties such as inventory awareness (bill as ship) and e-commerce activity.
- Oversees a team of employees to ensure proper project support / client satisfaction and margin achievement.
- Work with team to deliver projects to clients at or above predicted margin.
- Perform performance evaluations with each group member; provide yearly goals and targets for improvement.
- Manage problem escalation process as needed.
- Ensure that proper processes and procedures are effectively trained and maintained by department.
- Ensure department goals are met.
- Achieve annual business plan operating profit per client base.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- 8+ years progressive project management experience required
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- Periodic travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management