Exciting new role with a retail and brand agency in Portland. Must have 8-10 years agency and brand experience with a focus on retail and branded environments. The Account Director leads deep, consultative relationships with senior-level client and agency contacts; is a trusted adviser to clients and the broader project and account teams. Applies a deep understanding of the agency’s and the clients' industry, business, and products and translates client needs into opportunities to sell additional solutions and drive revenue growth within assigned client accounts. Oversees client projects, ensuring deliverables are completed in an efficient manner- on time and on budget.
- Leads senior-level relationships with clients and key agency players. Establishes trusted adviser relationships in which clients and colleagues seek out advice and counsel.
- Is a strategic partner to assigned clients by demonstrating a deep understanding of their market and business sectors and their specific challenges and opportunities. Provides thought leadership, insights, and perspectives that support client initiatives and align services and solutions with client needs.
- Maintains existing business relationship with assigned clients by staying closely connected to internal project teams, monitoring progress of ongoing client projects, as needed, and helping to address and resolve promptly, accurately, effectively, and to the client’s satisfaction, any issues or problems that may arise.
- Regularly analyzes the profitability and growth of assigned client accounts through KPIs and other metrics; utilizes data in decision-making to maintain or improve account portfolio performance.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships with Client Growth, Brand Development, and Brand Deployment teams; collaborates across the business to ensure client needs are met and projects stay within scope, budget, timeline, quality, and other Key Performance Indicators
- Maintains and utilizes a long-term, holistic view of the business.
- Communicates timely, relevant information to employees, as appropriate, so they understand company performance, business direction and initiatives, and how they contribute to and benefit from the Company’s success.
- Is an inspiring role model through presence and actions.
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes and encourages and empowers others to do the same.
- Drives change; demonstrates adaptability and fosters an environment that encourages open mindedness and flexibility in the face of ambiguity and change.
- Focuses own and the team’s efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the Company’s Strategic Imperatives; acknowledges employees’ efforts and rewards results.
- Sets high and clearly defined standards for direct reports; provides current, objective, and complete positive and constructive feedback and addresses performance concerns directly, fairly, and in a timely manner.
- Serves as a coach and mentor; provides coaching and feedback on specific skill development and encourages employees to pursue upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
- Provides specific, objective feedback to direct reports through written performance reviews as part of the Global Performance Management program.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the Company; listens and values the opinions of others.
- Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
- Proactively seeks to increase revenue by translating assigned client's challenges into opportunities to sell additional products and services across the SGK portfolio and drive revenue growth within the location.
- Leads the development and delivery of innovative proposals to capture both account growth and new business opportunities.
- Leverages strategic positioning with client to participate in the Strategic Account Planning (SAPs) process; drives the growth required to meet financial goals by developing and executing meaningful Strategic Account Plans.
- Develops and executes targeted “white space” opportunities for greater penetration of the client’s marketing spend through selling adjacent services, or expanding into new client product lines.
- Ensures client retention is maximized by facilitating the delivery of custom tailored solutions to meet clients’ objectives and expectations.
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing, Advertising, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required.
- Previous experience supervising others.
- Proven experience successfully managing client accounts in a Creative Design Agency (advertising, marketing, publishing, film), Market Research firm, or similar consulting environment.
- Proven experience meeting or exceeding sales targets with new and existing clients.
- Proven experience leading relationships and helping clients develop and deploy marketing communications within one or more industries.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision-making; ability to build sound business cases to support innovative initiatives.
- Strong understanding of the Company’s market and business environment and how it impacts business decisions.
- Strong understanding of effective Creative Design practices, trends, techniques, and processes across various touchpoints or mediums (e.g. packaging, in-store, online, mobile, print, direct).
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to proactively identify and implement effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build new relationships and nurturing existing relationships with internal and external clients.
- Strong understanding of the assigned clients’ products and services and broad business strategy and challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and adapt to the requirements of various client accounts; excellent client management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to profitably grow business revenue with new and existing clients.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions at all levels; excellent negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in challenging situations and/or under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and manage individual contributors.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and develop collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Company; willingness to work with colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines; excellent organizational and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written, verbal).
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite).
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed.