*This position is on a W2*
Building capabilities in Digital & Non-Personal Promotion (NPP) is a major priority for the Marketing team to promote brands to physicians. NPP includes both Digital (e.g. endemic and non-endemic 3rd party platforms, Emails, EHRs, Banners etc), and offline (e.g. Direct mail, Tele-detail etc.) promotion channels. NPP Analytics, i.e., how we measure, track, monitor, draw insights from, and integrate tactics and campaigns across these channels to maximize ROI and impact, will be critical to the success of our NPP efforts. This role contributes to define the resource allocation and optimization strategy for various Brands by providing analytical support in the campaign measurement, experimental design, data mining, and response modeling using large internal and external physician-level datasets.
This job will work closely with the Digital team and Brand teams to develop new techniques and standardization across the analytics organization. In addition to conducting NPP analytics, this position will also work closely with the offshore teams to conduct multi-channel Promotional Mix modeling analyses for various brands.
• Set up specific campaigns (for HCPs), including List creation, Test Control design set up, KPI metrics and Dashboards
• Lead the problem solving on Metrics and KPIs- Especially as these relate to new channels/tactics, lead the problem solving with vendors, internal stakeholders on identifying the right set of KPIs, Metrics to track for new tactics. Develop appropriate communications (e.g., presentation documents) to share with broader organization. Also identify data needs, and set up back-end models to understand impact of channels/tactics. Understand various promotional channels including functional understanding of emerging channels such as Digital, Point of care, EHR from measurement perspective
• Solve NPP analytics related questions and seek to develop a perspective. Sample questions include: Does sequencing of channels matter, and how (e.g., Direct mail followed by a Rep detail)? What strategies yield the best result for different channels/tactics (e.g., how many Direct mail touches are optimal or who to target for EHR campaign)? How do we reduce ‘cycle time’ to complete analytics and generate insights? Measure the effectiveness of various NPP initiatives from the incremental Rx lift and ROI perspective.
•Main responsibilities will also include Promotion evaluation, ROI analysis, Resource allocation, Optimization, Ad hoc statistical analyses, Financial Analysis. Work with off-shore team to support Promotion Mix modeling as per Brand request; manage multiple projects in parallel to maximize utilization and impact of offshore team
• Collaborate with brand analysts on creation of NPP target Lists, segmentation, and response models: Regularly work with prescriber level Rx data to ensure marketing effectiveness and answer critical business questions through advanced statistical techniques. Perform design of experiments and advanced statistical analyses to learn the success of marketing efforts. Guide teams on List generation, List match techniques, and inform targeting discussions with brand analysts. Targeting includes strategic considerations such as which HCP segments to include for NPP efforts given past performance, promotional sensitivity, and ROI economics. Identify areas for the application of big data predictive analytics applications in NPP efforts. Be externally focused in leveraging ideas from other industries or pharma companies.
• Support Agile Marketing requiring fast turnaround on analytic measurements. Provide input into Tableau dashboard design for various Oncology brands while partnering with offshore teams to drive the dashboard development.
• Challenge the status quo, and bring outside pharma insights: Challenge external vendors and internal teams to think differently, and leap frog others in the pharma industry – e.g., around when and how to use different channels, how to measure success, how to make trade off decisions. Constant learning of new marketing techniques and knowledge of 3rd party providers to inform discussions with brand marketers and channel partners is important.
• Train & Mentor teams on NPP analytics: Provide hands on guidance to fellow analysts on how to measure, what good looks like, what not to measure, how to set up experiments etc. Create standardized processes, templates etc for further rollout to the organization. Actively participate in training sessions for organizational initiatives on NPP. Collaborate and drive analytics by utilizing offshore team while managing stakeholder expectations on analytics delivery and timing.
• Collaborate cross-functionally in a matrix organization that consists of Digital team, Brand Teams, Brand Analysts, Campaign Operations Managers, Media agency, and offshore team; share best practices across the organization
Education: Graduate Degree in Quantitative Disciple (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research or Business).
• Minimum 5-8 years of overall pharmaceutical industry experience required; min 2-3 years of Non personal or Digital promotion pharma analytics experience inside or outside the pharma industry
• Experience in Marketing Analytics producing response models and test-control statistical analysis required; specifically should understand tactically how analytics for marketing channels (e.g. Web, Email, EHR, Digital banners etc) are set up and conducted including what to measure, and how to scale analytics needs
• Working experience with key pharma databases (e.g., IMS: NPA, Xponent, DDD, Plantrak; Symphony, Decision Resources). Solid working knowledge of analytics, patient/prescriber-level Rx databases (e.g., IMS, Symphony) in the pharma industry. Experience with Big data and predictive analytics a plus
• Ability to synthesize complex and diverse set of information; influence without authority various stakeholders to steer towards a solution
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to translate a complex analysis into simple ‘business speak’ and present analytical results to internal clients up to the executive level
• Ability to work under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility through effective and innovative leadership ability
• Ability to understand new data sources in a short timeframe and incorporate them into standard analyses. Attention to detail and quality focused.
• Excellent organizational, planning, resource and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to operate effectively in an international environment; Past experience in working with offshore teams a plus
• Experience in data visualization and dashboard tools like Tableau a plus
• Learning agility - ability to pick up new trends and learn quickly
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence without authority