Accounts Payable Specialist
We are looking for a diligent and efficient Accounts Payable Specialist who has experience in accounting, bookkeeping and Excel in a fast-paced environment at an e-commerce company. We offer a great work environment with free coffee (Nespresso machines) and healthy snacks. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for overseeing accounts receivable functions regarding customer invoices, contracts signing, updating spreadsheets, dealing with invoices and working closely with the AP team.
Main responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Prepares, records, verifies, analyzes and reports accounts receivable transactions and posts customer payments on a timely basis.
- Ensure timely collection of cash receipts from customers and assist with collection
- Maintains and reconciles accounts receivable accounts, financial statements and reports.
- Provides regular customer support when necessary
- Open PO numbers and tracks spending
- Provide invoicing instructions to vendors
- Basic maths calculations using Excel
- Solving invoice issues or guiding vendors to the appropriate resource for assistance
- Works with various teams in the organization from Legal, Procurement and Marketing
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Ariba (nice to have)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and on top of issues to manage
- Problem solving skills
- Submit contracts for signing
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Customer service and detail oriented
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Punctual for work
We are a growing organization looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist who has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. We go through a very thorough training to ensure our candidates are successful in their role. If you are an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing organization, this is the position for you! Don't miss out, apply today!
- Technically savvy
- Experience with Outlook Mail
- Experience using Ariba would be a plus
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Follow-up on unpaid invoices and tracking PO numbers
- Experience with PowerPoint
- 20 hours per week
- Basic knowledge for reading contracts