Our client, a full-service, purpose-driven creative agency located in North County San Diego, seeks a full-time and onsite (temp-to-hire) Account Strategist with an integral understanding of marketing and communication fundamentals, technologies, and cultural trends. You are a strong communicator with a writing background and diverse interests. You’re a thinker, maker, and mentor. You have the ability to make decisions and collaborate with a team to deliver stunning work. You are adept at developing original creative concepts/approaches, and thrive in a continuously changing, fast-paced environment.
About the position:
The Account Strategist works at the intersection of ideas and execution as a key point of contact between our clients and our talented team of account managers, strategists, copywriters, designers, and project managers. As Account Strategist, you’ll work as an active member of our team to determine how to best achieve client goals through a combination of strategic recommendations and creative execution.
A successful account strategist will thrive in a fast-paced environment; be a natural leader who connects the dots and thinks critically and strategically; and will keep a team-first attitude.
- Understand and translate complex business challenges and insight into strategic communications solutions, and see those solutions through to their completion (with the help of the project team) via project planning and hands-on work
- Drive strategic communication planning processes
- Keep team members up to speed with concise notes and client briefs
- Understand our clients’ businesses deeply; what opportunities and challenges our clients face, why and what should we do about it; become an expert in our clients’ culture, competition and industry
- Identify ways in which the agency can more effectively support the client in the achievement of its business and communications goals
- Identify opportunities to grow accounts organically by identifying incremental projects and cross-selling the agency’s full range of capabilities
- Play a supporting role in preparing proposals and pitch presentations as-needed
- Keep a pulse on new trends in the corporate citizenship, brand purpose & marketing/communications space