Location: San Diego
As a member of the Account Team, the primary function of the Account Planner is to be the voice of the consumer. The Account Planner should use research data to identify, plan and constructively apply digital solutions that appeal to both the priorities of the client and the consumer.
The primary responsibility of this individual is to pair traditional research with strategic thinking. The Account Planner should be the voice that shares, interprets and applies information about consumers and industry markets.
Acting as the voice of the target market/customer, the account planner is expected to contribute in defining digital solution(s) that is relevant to the target group, has the desired persuasive impact and is executed via the appropriate channel. A secondary responsibility of this individual is to manage strategically focused engagements and client/partner relationships across multiple major accounts.
Equipped with strong interpersonal communication skills, unmatched research skills and innovation approaches to data application, the Account Planner will work to ensure the client’s vision, brand and overall satisfaction.
• Communicating internally with colleagues within the agency, to ensure the digital outputs of the project match consumer-driven research and needs
• Researching and reporting on various consumers in multiple industries, to gain a comprehensive background/context (e.g. demographics, socio-economics, etc.) to provide a strategic platform
• Commissioning research from outside organizations to inform advertising strategies, using both qualitative methods such as: focus group discussions, research groups, structured interviews, demographic profiling and questionnaires
• Executing a variety of market and research data to monitor cultural and social trends and their impact on consumers’ attitudes, behavior and perceptions, as relevant to Digitaria
• Discovering approaches, angles and solutions on specific products or services on which to structure a strategic plan
• Reconciling/managing the differences between consumers' current perceptions of the brand and priorities of the client’s desires as related to brand perception
• Reporting concise information to key team members on the background/forecasted environment on a product/service, audience and strategy, so that applicable digital solutions can be reached
• Presenting conclusions and ideas to clients and other agency staff
• Analyzing and interpreting customer response and sales data to evaluate the effectiveness of each campaign, and tailoring approaches, with the consistent goal of achieving maximum positive response from the consumer.
Skills and Requirements:
The Account Planner should have strong experience and familiarity with the following:
• Prior project or account management experience is required; (3-5 years project and relationship management experience with previous experience at an interactive agency is optimal).
• Previous experience in industry/client/branding research
• Familiarity with digital branding, across multiple industries
• Experience leading brand platform definition and identity development engagements.
• Experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting and applying qualitative and quantitative research data/results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills–augmented by strong presentation skills.
• Must know how to develop and manage a budget.
• Extremely organized, detail-oriented and capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to quickly understand new technology concepts.
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PPT, and Microsoft Project.
• Bachelor's degree.
The Account Planner should strive to be perceived as a partner, trusted advisor and key solutions delivery resource. The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
• Ability to effectively operate with high energy, flexibility and a sense of humor in a constantly evolving business environment.
• Ability to build relationships, both with clients and internal team members.
• Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others.
• Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving abilities.
• A strong work ethic and career orientation; wants to learn, develop and attain new skill sets and improve.
• Values others and acts with integrity and respect.
• Ability to confront challenges or problems directly and honestly; must be able to handle difficult situations and conversations with grace.
• Ability to facilitate.
• Ability to think and act appropriately “on their feet.”
• Has the ability to handle numerous assignments at once; is organized and thorough with professional follow through.
• Displays professional “polish”; executive presence and confidence.
We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits/401k. We're headquartered in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter. This is an in-house position and candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to San Diego.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs