Reporting to the Account Director, the Aquent Account Manager serves as the key client interface representing the Aquent Merck-dedicated studio. The Account Manager will be the day-to-day client contact for Merck Global Marketing Communications marketing managers, promotion managers and project stakeholders in the oncology space. S/he will support Merck clients at multiple locations and some local travel will be required.
The Account Manager will handle intake of all projects, accurately capturing all project requirements and will be responsible for prepping and handing off assignments to the Project Managers. Account Manager will also be responsible for client communication throughout the lifecycle of projects.
In addition to intake, responsibilities include: maintaining effective relationships with client/project owners; working with Project Managers to ensure design and production team members have the knowledge, support, and guidance to complete projects to the client’s specifications; and identifying and developing new business opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Exhibit an excellent customer service attitude at all times, and effectively represent Aquent’s values
- Develop a keen understanding of the client’s visual brands, target audiences, and communication objectives
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients on all assigned brands/projects
- Schedule and attend large scope project kickoff meetings with broader support team
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, taking ownership of all interim and final deliverables, managing client expectations, and meeting all commitments/deadlines
- Develop and communicate project scope, objectives, requirements, and budget parameters to internal teams. Some projects will require development of project estimate prior to initiation
- Management of budget tracking for assigned PO/project (s)
- Demonstrate a high-level understanding of all phases of the design/production process from project inception through final
release of files
- Work closely with Project Manager to ensure that project deadlines are met and client feedback and changes are accurately communicated, and project related issues are resolved
- Proactively inform project teams about project changes, issues or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality
- Work with creative to ensure that all projects adhere to branding requirements as defined by the client
Account Growth / Business Development
- Exhibit enthusiasm for developing new business for Aquent by building client confidence based on performance excellence
- Understand and identify potential opportunities with existing clients for additional work, and take ownership of bringing these opportunities
into the Studio
- Understand and develop SOWs for all opportunities
- Increase revenue from existing clients
- Increase account profitability
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
3+ years in the pharmaceutical industry, familiarity with industry terms, and a high level of understanding of industry compliance requirements
5+ years of project management/account management for design studio, internal creative department, or agency environment with demonstrated success managing broad range of visual communications in a fast paced environment
Ability to estimate resource requirements and develop project estimates with clear definition of scope
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with project teams
Experience working under continual deadline constraints with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple quick-turn projects and changing priorities
Proficiency with basic office computer applications – especially Microsoft Office
General understanding of print production and image rights
Basic understanding of InDesign, Acrobat, PhotoShop, and Illustrator is a plus
Please apply online. If you experience technical difficulties, email: akijanka [@] aquent.com