My client is innovating the commercial vehicle and fleet management industry through highly expert integrated data and logistic planning solutions.
The ideal AM is someone who articulate, polished and is highly organized and pragmatic to be the external advocate for the company and manage the relation with one of our most prestigious clients. The ideal candidate not only has a passion for technology and innovation, but believes in the power of intelligent platforms tp revolutionise the transport industry.
Whilst this is primarily an Account Manager role, the right candidate is also someone who is willing and capable to also put on a sales hat from time to time, as the company grows and evolves.
GENERAL DEFINITION & RESPONSIBILITY
You will be responsible for building and maintaining a key company relationships, acting as champion between internal and external teams to understand requirements, specifications, frustrations and blockages, and to ensure the teams deliver a timely and successfully solution based on client needs and specifications.
To perfectly understand and translate the speciation’s to the client and engineering/design teams
• Work with the CEO and teams to confidently present reports, updates and agreements to the client and internal team.
• Work with client and teams to understand requirements, write clear specifications and maintains regular contact during the development sprints.
• To work with the Product Manager to to write specifications and oversee Product timelines.
• Support the Project Managers in ensuring all specifications are signed off by the client and all demos are internally tested at key stages before Client presentations.
To develop a strong strategic understanding and partnership with the Engineering, Design
• Understand the challenges facing the client business and have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the product and its user stories and insight.
• Know the client’s competitors and their marketing activities.
• Develop an understanding of the target audience in the marketplace and actively engages future targeted B2B and B2C customers.
• Works with Community Manager to promote and advocate the client’s product and expand the company’s brand and awareness in the wider industry.
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
To be responsible for the overall quality of day-to-day communications between Client and company whether written, in conversation or in presentation
• To develop professional and persuasive presentation skills that adapt to the audience and task and reflect personal strengths.
• To take overall responsibility for the successful presentation and approval of work
• To be an effective negotiator with the clients on both cost and product objectives/deadlines/expectations.
• Has a positive, proactive relationship with the Client and internal team, acting as a central point of contact.
To be a credible discussion partner for the Client on business matters
• Understands the challenges facing the Client and has a thorough understanding of all aspects of the product from reading reports, visits and through constant monitoring of competitive activity and competitors’ strategies.
• Responsibility of day-to-day financial management of the client business
• To support the CEO in providing yearly forecasts for the account.
• To negotiate favourable fees from Clients that allow the company to service the business properly and with targeted return.
• To plan out and secure the resource levels required to deliver projects.
• To pro-actively seek out opportunities for incremental revenue.
• To supervise the accurate estimating and invoicing of all activity on the account and ensuring that the company is paid on time.
• To have the respect of and work productively with the company’s Finance Manager.
INITATIVE & DRIVE
• To take responsibility for account team resources to ensure smooth, effective and timely delivery
• Responsible for the smooth running of projects and production.
• Ability to judge priorities.
• Ensures all members of the team are up to date on status and deadlines.
• Is responsible for ensuring that all estimates are presented and approved by client expediently and that no work commences without this approval.
• To adopt an approach of continuous Improvement, look for and implementing improvements.
SKILL & EXPERIENCE
• Able to express opinions verbally and also in writing.
• 2 years experience in the industry or an Account Manager role.
• Capable of moderating small to medium group discussions.
• Proposal writing techniques, presentation and negotiation.
• Financial negotiation skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & QUALITIES
• Energy, tenacity, resilience and lateral thinking.
• Enthusiasm, energy and can-do attitude.
• Positively contributes to company life and culture.
• Embraces new challenges and new technologies and always looks for innovative ways to improve.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs