Exciting opportunity to join a growing retail creative and in-store agency. 2-3 years agency and field/ retail experience preferred.
As the Account Manager you will build effective relationships with clients and execute the day-to-day account activities including the coordination of projects from estimation to completion. You'll partner with the broader project team to ensure deliverables are completed in an efficient manner- on time and on budget. You will also utilize an understanding of the Company's and the client's industry, business, and products to identify opportunities to sell additional solutions to meet existing client needs. May support one or more small-to-medium accounts.
• Serves as the main day-to-day contact on current projects for clients, suppliers, external partners, and the Account team
• Participate in meetings with existing clients and internal teams to identify adequate new services/offerings to meet clients’ evolving needs as required; serves as the Subject Matter Expert on processes, capacity, timelines, etc.
• Ensures high quality standards in all client deliverables.
• Effectively coordinates client-specific projects throughout the lifecycle, including estimate creation, selection of appropriate projects and sub-projects, assignment of resources, monitoring project progress, and generation of the client/project invoice.
• Translates client requests and requirements into detailed, and sometimes technical, instructions for project teams.
• Partners with the client, the Account Team, and project teams to resolve identified project issues.
• Ensures accurate and timely invoices are generated by maintaining correct project details and supporting evidence, including change orders and rework, throughout the project lifecycle.
• Initiates new data item requests utilizing the Master Data Management (MDM) process and guidelines to ensure accurate client, project, and financial details are available in the system.
• Partners with Client Integration and the Account Team to ensure a smooth transition for new clients; attend pre-integration and planning meetings as needed.
• Participates in cross-functional teams to develop and/or adapt processes, policies, and workflows to improve efficiency, accuracy, speed, quality, etc.
• Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
• Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
• Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same.
• Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
• Supports the Company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate, and timely coordination of the assigned project activities.
• Supports the Account Team in its effort to increase revenue; Participates in the development of innovative proposals to capture both account growth and new business opportunities.
Qualifications / Requirements
• College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as Business, Marketing, Advertising, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous account management experience in a Creative Design Agency (advertising, marketing, publishing, film), Market Research firm, or similar consulting environment.
• Good knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision-making.
• Good understanding of effective Creative Design practices, trends, techniques, and processes across one or more touchpoints or mediums (e.g. packaging, in-store, online, mobile, print, direct).
• Good problem-solving skills; ability to identify and execute effective solutions.
• Ability to build new relationships and nurturing existing relationships with internal and external clients.
• Good understanding of the assigned clients’ products and services.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and develop collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Company; willingness to work with colleagues at all levels.
• Ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines; good organizational and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
• Good presentation and communication skills (written, verbal).
• Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Office Suite).