An Energy company located in downtown Raleigh is looking for an Account Manager (Communications Consultant) to join their Corporate Communications department. This person will be responsible for managing the development and execution of all communications projects for customer work to ensure message and brand consistency, and align with corporate strategies.
- Serve as the key communications consultant to manage Advertising, Brand, Creative and Digital projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key clients based on understanding their business, their goals, their customers and their issues.
- Maintain open lines of communication that include the right balance of in-person interaction and attendance at their meetings and the use of technology where appropriate
- Support development, implementation and evaluation of communications plans based on an understanding of the client and designed to achieve business goals.
- Coordinate with other sections in Corporate Communications.
- Provide information and insights to support the ongoing planning and evaluation process
- Competency in leading both internal Creative Services team and external agencies on all marketing, advertising and creative development to ensure consistency and on-strategy execution
- Ensure that work product is high quality and developed in a timely and cost-efficient manner following a defined workflow process
- Competency in leading Digital Media team on all online digital channels to ensure projects are on strategy, on time, within budget and meet project goals following a defined workflow process
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or a comparable field of study or 4 years of related work experience
- Two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in communications
- Three (3) to five (5) years of account management experience at an advertising agency or in-house communications team
- Advertising, branding and marketing communications experience
- Demonstrated strong writing and presentation skills
- Experience in producing integrated campaigns, such as collateral, videos, digital media, social media, radio, etc.
- Experience in providing communications counsel on advertising and marketing projects to internal clients and creative teams
- Analysis and project management experience
- Ability to strategically plan communications that are tied directly to measurable business results
- Ability to build, develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to work closely with and resolve communications issues with key clients
- Ability to work and make decisions independently and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Highly motivated individual who can follow through and work with minimal direct supervision
- Experience handling conflict and contentious issues internally and externally
- Energy industry experience
- Experience with a work management system (e.g., Workamajig)
- Proficient with personal computer software such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint