Title: Account Executive
4 week contract
Goal start date: 7/8/13
Position serves as a Creative Team's primary communications liaison with Business Partners (BPs) of assigned business lines and has three key responsibilities: 1) relationship management: respond to BP/creative needs and ensure open communication flows; 2) project management: establish and execute to creative project plan and ensure teams have info needed to produce effective, on time, on strategy, on brand and customer focused creative, ultimately providing the business results desired; 3) efficiency management: analyze reports and provide recommendations to GCM based on information; ensures process tools are utilized, meetings scheduled, reports issued, production calendars maintained.
Be the primary point of contact between BPs and their assigned creative team(s). Manage communications between the two; schedule and facilitate strategic, tactical and ad hoc meetings.
• Resolve/mediate conflicts between BPs and creative teams; work to keep info flow open, honest, direct and mutually supportive.
• Work with Agency Manager to strengthen partnerships with external agency partners.
• Act as primary point of contact between external agency partners and creative teams.
• Work to ensure creative teams view themselves as the creative extensions of the business line teams; creatives should understand and be invested in the business lines just as much as the BP teams, while respecting the BP's expertise in the business strategy.
• Act as subject matter expert on the assigned business lines
• Maintain and utilize business journal and a creative sample book on assigned business lines in team and BP meetings; acquire both CBCS and external agency samples (work with external agency manager to acquire external agency creative samples).
• Advise creative team from a BP and Cardmember perspective to ensure expectations and business results are met; act as a thought partner to BPs and actively participate in all strategic/tactical discussions between creative team management and BPs.
• Support Group Creative Manager and Associate Creative Manager in acquiring all essential research/customer insights that might affect the production of communications for assigned business
• Deliver effective and professional presentations to individuals and teams in their assigned business area (including Senior Management.)
• Schedule and facilitate monthly Director & Manager BP status meetings to review forecast calendar; average hours by level by project type; project status reports and best practices
Ensure clear and accurate creative strategy is provided to internal team and external agencies before team begins creative development; review job reqs submitted by assigned
business line for internal and external creative requests; assessing for project requirements and creative brief compliance/effectiveness.
• Review job reqs for business line with GCM/ACM to confirm strategy is clear and accurate, and to discuss assignment of resources.
• Field all questions regarding job requests between BP and GCM/ACM.
• Report on individual team member job/time commitments and availability
• Assist in determining which projects CBCS will execute and which will be outsourced. Accept or decline job reqs for assigned line of business; ensuring if declined a communication provides recommended alternative sources.
• Establish project plans by phases of the creative development lifecycle based on varying size and levels of complexity
• Develop project timelines and manage jobs to ensure smooth flow of jobs through the creative development life cycle and deadlines are met
• Manage and schedule the incoming submittal of external creative for the internal team's review.
• Ensure creative teams are informed/aware of external creative that may impact/affect the projects they're working on.
• Act as key filter for brand audits and business unit updates for assigned line of business
• Ensure proper coverage of assignments and avoid redundancies.
• Schedule and facilitate informal creative project/review meetings, all Project Kick-off meetings, Creative Brief review meetings, and BP creative presentations.
• Provide process improvement ideas/solutions that accelerate speed to market; working with other business areas and external suppliers as it pertains to assigned lines of business
(i.e. Production Services)
• Streamline and enhance processes and relationships with Production Services, other business areas and external suppliers as it pertains to assign lines of business.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Title: Account Executive