POSITION TITLE: Account Director
Responsible for managing and implementing internal communications for a business unit in the pharmaceutical research and development (R&D) space at the strategic and tactical level. Exceptional writing, strategic thinking and project management skills are required. The Account Director is one of the project’s point people, acting as a liaison between the agency and the customer.
Working with a small team under the direction of the Project Lead, the Account Director is responsible for executing communication deliverables to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed timeframes. The project requires various levels of communication support—from writing executive messages and managing campaigns to making website updates and formatting PowerPoints—providing the opportunity to use and acquire a range of skills. The Account Director takes on each assignment with confidence and a “can do” attitude. Deliverables include but are not limited to articles, email messages, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, web copy, videos, brochures, posters, blogs, talking points, surveys and infographics.
- Develops high-quality content by conducting research, writing and editing.
- Provides communication expertise to team and to customer, recommending the appropriate communication approaches based on objectives and audiences.
- Formats and disseminates deliverables, including articles, email messages and newsletters.
- Interacts and works with multiple stakeholders and departments, including customers, vendor partners and agency staff.
- Ensures proper governance is followed to guarantee customer satisfaction, project success and risk mitigation.
- Recognizes and solves potential problems, constantly assessing the customer’s needs.
- Business acumen and the ability to link solutions to the agency vision, strategies and company performance metrics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work in the midst of change, focus on meeting demanding deadlines, and make timely decisions in the face of obstacles and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing complex projects, executing with high-quality on time and on budget.
- High comfort level, poise and presence with senior executives.
- Creative insights and energy.
- Meticulous attention to accuracy, detail and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate expertise in Google’s Suite of tools (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive) and in
Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must. Experience in Microsoft SharePoint is
- Must be able to travel to customer sites in New Jersey and Pennsylvania as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree; major in English, communications, marketing or similar area preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience in the communications industry working as a consultant or in an entrepreneurial environment, or equivalent experience working in communications at a pharmaceutical company.
- Experience in pharmaceutical research and development communications is strongly preferred