As a business affairs manager, you will partner with internal teams and external agencies to manage the overall clearance and rights management of creative projects. From managing the overall project status, to managing individual outreach and negotiations, You will be the central POC responsible for seeing the project components from concept, out into the world. Great attention to detail, tactful negotiations, and passion for bringing the seemingly impossible to life are a must.
- Manage communication between creative agencies, internal legal teams, and stakeholders on all areas of project clearances
- Manage schedules and overall production management during the course of the project as it relates to permissions and clearances of 3rd party rights
- Be tireless in your vision for the best creative, all while always looking for the best way to provide solutions on time and budget
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Partner with Production team (internally and with externally agency) on managing the overall status of the project's licensing and clearances.
- Source contacts and permission holders for licensing and right's outreach.
- Manage outreach, clearance contracts, licensing negotiations, and archiving of clearances.
- 8+ years of experience in Production and Business Affairs with understanding of broadcast, digital and print
- Understanding of content management systems
- Solid understanding of regional, national, and global needs for rights, permissions, and clearances as it relates to promotional and marketing materials
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Significant organizational and process skills; ability to both implement efficient working processes as well as process-automation tools.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects with changing demands and deadlines without compromising quality or production timelines
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Good judgment and creativity for providing recommendations of the visual elements for reproduction in broadcast, print and digital advertising mediums
- Excellent and tactful negotiating skills
- Computer literate. Apple OS and Google sheets experience a plus
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Strong problem solving skills and detail oriented