London, England, United Kingdom · Client Services
UK’s largest Chinese-specialist digital advertising agency, are looking for a proven Account Director looking for the next challenge.
We’re looking for an internationally-minded organisational superstar with a track record in delivering great work. You’ve got to be curious and ready to learn about exciting new markets. You’ve got to be comfortable working where Google, Facebook and Twitter don't. You’ve got to be happy joining us for Chinese banquets and karaoke sessions. Mostly, you’ve got to be ready to adapt your experience in managing accounts, teams and budgets to our growing company.
With a varied client list of some of the world’s largest brands (Sony, Manchester United, Heathrow), we’re used to punching above our weight; now you’re going to help us pack on a few pounds of experience and take us to the next level.
Chinese / APAC experience a plus, but not a requirement. Just be a quick and able learner and we’ll help you get to terms with many of the largest online markets in the world.
- Organised, this is the big one. We’re an agency, you’ve probably come from an agency, you’re used to juggling multiple accounts and tasks, prioritising on the fly and getting work out the door.
- Curious, open-minded, and fairly brave. We’re not your average agency. While you may not be intimate with Weibo, WeChat, Douyin, Tmall, you should be ready to learn. English is our working language, but it’s certainly not the only language used in the office. You don’t need to speak mandarin or have lived in Asia, but you’ve got to be prepared to get involved in conversations on topics that might be new to you.
- Focused. If it’s important, will you go sit next to a designer, looking over her shoulder, to make sure the client will get what they want? Will you challenge the performance and social teams to ensure their work is demonstrably contributing to client’s business objectives? We’ve got the resources for you, you just need to know how to get the best out of great people.
- Proactive. Digital changes fast. China changes even faster. Staying on top of our game is tough if you don’t enjoy the chase. New ideas, from anyone, are welcomed with excitement. We want someone who isn’t afraid of opening their mouth to ask, suggest and prod.
- Questioning. We’re hiring you because you’ve got a point of view. We need someone who will question why we’re doing something, if there’s possibly a better way. From briefs, strategies and creative ideas to internal processes, we want someone who has ideas for themselves and will ask why.
- Oversight and support to Account Managers on all accounts. This includes advising on comms, supporting on campaigns and account plans, and helping to manage client P&Ls and internal utilisation.
- Direct client-facing responsibilities on key accounts. Proactive, engaged, passionate. We need someone who can represent a client’s interests internally, while championing externally. Knowing what’s going on with our major accounts and managing important relationships is vital.
- Ownership of client value statements, ensure we are delivering tangible business value for all of our clients.
- Ownership of commerciality of circa £2m portfolio including P&Ls, utilisations, outsourcing costs, ad spends etc.
- Quality control on client comms, helping the account managers and account executives up their game when talking with clients and reporting on successes.
- Growing your portfolio. Seeing and capitalising on opportunities where we can help clients further, increasing our scopes or work, budgets and the clients’ happiness.
- Supporting the sales team with new business pitches and sourcing inbound leads.
- 29 days’ annual leave.
- Workplace pension, life insurance and PHI.
- Choice of Windows or Apple laptop.
- Phone insurance, cinema and restaurant discounts, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme and more.
- Comfortable work environment, snacks and drinks, birthday gifts, company lunches.
- A genuine commitment to your learning & development.
- You will be working on great clients with equally smart and passionate people.