Account Director w/Social Media Experience. Up to £70k doe
My client is a specialist digital advertising agency, looking for a proven Account Director looking for the next challenge.
You will have an international background of work experience and have a proven track record in delivering great work. You will be curious and keen to learn about exciting new markets.
With a varied client list of some of the world’s largest brands (Sony, Manchester United, Heathrow), they are competing and holding their own with the larger agencies and need someone to help take them to the next level.
APAC experience a plus, but not a requirement. You must be a quick and able learner and able to teach team members the ins and out of successful social media management and campaigns. You must be confident enough to hit the ground running with minimal supervision. This is an opportunity to take ownership of a role, team and how the agency works with social media.
- Organised, this is the big one. We’re an agency, you’ve probably come from an agency, you’re used to juggling multiple accounts and tasks, prioritising on the fly and getting work out the door
- Curious, open-minded, and fairly brave. We’re not your average agency. English is our working language, but it’s certainly not the only language used in the office.
- Focused. If it’s important, will you go sit next to a designer, looking over her shoulder, to make sure the client will get what they want? We’ve got the studio resources for you, you just need to know how to get the best out of great people
- Proactive. Digital changes fast. Staying on top of our game is tough if you don’t enjoy the chase. New ideas, from anyone, are welcomed with excitement. We want someone who isn’t afraid of opening their mouth to ask, suggest and prod
- Questioning. We’re hiring you because you’ve got a point of view. We need someone who will question why we’re doing something, if there’s possibly a better way. From briefs, strategies and creative ideas to internal processes, we want someone who has ideas for themselves and will ask why
- Oversight and support to Account Managers on all accounts. This includes advising on comms, supporting on campaigns and account plans, and helping to manage client P&Ls and internal utilisation
- Direct client-facing responsibilities on key accounts. Proactive, engaged, passionate. We need someone who can represent a client’s interests internally, while championing the agency externally. Knowing what’s going on with our major accounts and managing important relationships is vital
- Ownership of commerciality of >£1.5m portfolio including P&Ls, utilisations, outsourcing costs, ad spends etc.
- Quality control on client comms, helping the account managers and account executives up their game when talking with clients and reporting on successes
- Seeing and capitalising on opportunities where we can help clients further, increasing our scopes or work, budgets and the clients’ happiness
- Supporting the sales team with new business pitches and sourcing inbound leads
- 5+ years agency experience, directly managing the commerciality of key accounts
- Social Media guru able to assist and train where needed
- Solid presentation skills, focusing on the story and your audience as opposed to the slides and words
- Experience of managing people and or a cross-functional, cross-cultural team
- Native level fluency in English; fluency in a second language is a bonus but not a requirement
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills