The Core Digital team within our client’s Corporate Marketing is seeking a dedicated and detail oriented Senior Accessibility Subject Matter Expert/Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst. Our optimal candidate will not only be able to demonstrate their knowledge and sensitivity to the access needs of people with disabilities but also be able to act as the champion of quality and is responsible for effectively managing through agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions and support areas. The Senior Accessibility Subject Matter Expert/ Quality Assurance Analyst will compose side by side comparison to what the designers have mocked up against what the developers have executed. S/he works collaboratively with product owners, designers, architects, management, and scrum teams to ensure reliable, fully functional and user-friendly websites before they are released to the public.
- ADA Compliance - Responsible for identifying and suggesting potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on the W3C WCAG 2.0 standards as well as compliance with the ADA, Section 508, the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act, and other accessibility-related laws.
- Testing- Testing to ensure UI consistencies across browsers, devices, and environments. Creating functional test cases based on requirements and design documents and analyzing the differences and generating a concise report. Participating in all different test phases per project needs.
- Reporting- Ensuring that testing is well defined, planned and executed. Identifying any potential issues are addressed before the product goes live. Providing timely and accurate status, defect information, and appropriate metrics to facilitate VQA reporting.
- Validation- Validating and troubleshooting reported bugs and clearly communicating problems and their severity to appropriate personnel. Managing and processing bug reports per project. Coordinating issues pertaining to the quality of the site including performance, functionally, layout, browser and platform usability.
- A Concern for Aesthetic Quality- Carefully examining websites in all life-cycles to determine whether it satisfies the requirements of the product owners, designers, architects, management, and scrum teams in a harmonious balance. Detecting visual regressions across UI. Reporting exactly where and what has changed.
· Broad knowledge of accessibility barriers as well as the tools and techniques for overcoming them
· Knowledge of accessibility standards: WCAG 2.0, ADA Section 508, 21st Century Video and Communications Act. Knowledge of International laws is a plus
· Ability to discern accessibility issues from wireframes and storyboards
· Knowledge of accepted accessibility patterns and best practices
· Ability to analyze and employ problem-solving skills to recommend the best solution
· Detailed knowledge of a broad range of technologies:
- Accessibility on various platforms including Windows and MacOS
- Mobile accessibility on various platforms including Android and IOS
- Video and other digital media
- PDF and other document standards
- Hands on knowledge of assistive technology (e.g screen readers, magnifiers, alternative input, etc)
· Knowledge of ALM, JIRA and Confluence is a plus
· Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies is a plus
· Ability to leverage industry knowledge to discern future trends is a plus
· Experience with Internet or mobile usability/accessibility research is a plus
· Previous web design or development experience