Aquent's Fortune 25 client is looking for 10 Accessibility Assessment Experts for a short-term assignment (likely 3 months) to work REMOTELY. Opportunity to work off-hours is okay, as long as candidates are available for standing meetings.
- Candidate MUST have deep knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and Section 508, a good understanding of accessibility and usability for disabled people, and experience with assistive devices and building accessible web products.
- This role focuses on discovery and documentation, not development. The team is looking for Accessibility Assessment Experts, not technical experts.
- This individual will do an audit of internal applications and web properties with the expectation to access and document all accessibility issues within in application, possibly including recommendations for fixes (this role focuses more on their intranet, time management system, etc - not public-facing web properties)
- This is more of a testing need rather than one that aligns with the specific business/design/coding business units
- Provide website accessibility services to conduct full website reviews, analysis and then documentation to be used for future updates. Remediation and functional testing are not likely to be a part of this role.
- Assess and optimize website designs through review and analysis of user needs to meet the website accessibility needs.
- Provide assistance and remediation guidance to designers, developers and QA.
- Provide regular status updates on completed tasks and planned testing tasks as outlined in the project schedule, issues, risks, and other action items
- Direct previous experience with designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.0 – Level A/AA, Section 508.
- Experience with app review is a major plus
- Experience using Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
- Should have multi-tasking abilities, be able to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Documentation skills are important
- QAing background (with an accessibility angle) is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills