AWS DevOps Engineer - London - £390 - £450 per day (Dependent on experience)
Our client is one of the biggest travel companies that owns and operates several international global online travel brands. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team, based in central London on a contract basis up until the end of the year.
Summary of essential job functions:
• Hands on coding experience in Java or similar open source technologies
• AWS cloud development experience – proven code projects or hack against AWS API
• Relevant hands on automation experience with caching solutions (redis/couchbase/any others)
• Chef infrastructure and cookbook administration – experience setting up chef from the ground up would be beneficial.
• Linux sysadmin expertise – centos, RHEL, amz Linux patching experience.
• Aggressively become a critical team member by quickly learning our current workflows, build technologies, automation, and challenges.
• Develop and showcase POC on DevOps tools – participate in hackathons.
• Provide code academy training for other engineers
• Active contributor to open source projects or own project in github
• Hands on experience with Docker/vagrant
• Maintain in-house developed devops tools such as shipit or http://seiso.io/
• Experience on most of these devops tools – Jenkins/teamcity, Netscaler/F5, TFS, codedeploy, codepipeline. Hubble, graphite, seyrene. Zabbix, rundeck,
• Familiarity with SCM tools github/perforce, Splunk, selenium
• Experience working with web technologies such as nginx, tomcat servers
• Proactively identify and drive automation of tasks associated with end-to-end deployment delivery.
• Drive AWS application migration.
• Take initiative in discovering existing and new challenges pertaining to build and deployment for our customers, seeking to improve, resolve, and streamline tools and processes to meet delivery challenges.
• Function as a team member supporting our organization by driving the end-to-end stability and availability of tools and environments used by our customers to support build and deployment.
• Develop and maintain documentation and diagrams outlining automated solutions and environmental architecture.
• Design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools.
• Drive technical implementation at the application/product level for small to mid-sized projects.
• With assistance, design, spec, and schedule a component or feature of 1-4 weeks of duration.
• Provide improvements to solutions for a given problem.
• Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers.
• Follow through on details and drives issues to closure with help from peers or managers.
• Support development of documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
• Support production environment and livesite