ASSOCIATE ART DIRECTOR
PRINT || PACKAGING || IN-STORE SIGNANGE
LOCATION: Oakland CA
CONTRACT: Full Time || Mon-Fri || On-Going Contract
START DATE: ASAP
PAY: Based on experience
A GLOBALLY RECOGNIZED CONSUMER GOOD COMPANY NEEDS A STELLAR ASSOCIATE ART DIRECTOR TO BECOME A PART OF THEIR INNOVATIVE TEAM!
RESPONSIBILIITES + PROJECTS:
• The Asst. Art Director supports the Art Director and works closely with the design team to ensure the delivery of compelling, unique, creative concepts, design and finished artwork for the myriad seasonal and conceptual shops that regularly set in stores
• The Asst. Art Director will also be responsible for delivery of all food and product packages sold in-stores
• Will collaborate with business partners to understand + develop underlying objectives and strategies for all projects, and ensure they are met
• Will work with Art Director to provide appropriate art direction to Designers and Production Artists
• Deliver the highest quality, relevant, edgy, innovative, creative content for in-store signage, packaging and special projects
• Must maintain Brand-voice throughout all visual assets.
• Define and maintain project schedules to ensure deadlines are met for the myriad product reviews, creative and strategic planning discussions, design reviews, walk-throughs and ultimately to delivery of perfectly printed artwork to our nationwide fleet of stores
• Ensure the work of the department is executed to the highest standards of accuracy and quality as well as compliance adherence for FDA and other legal standards.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
• 5+ years of relevant design experience highly preferred
• A MUST, MUST MUST! Expert level skills in Illustrator and Photoshop. By expert level skills, it means that you have the skills to be able to recreate ANYTHING from a realistic reproduction of an everyday object, to being able to mimic nearly any illustration style
• Highly organized with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Handle multiple projects with total accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent conceptual, design skills. Passionate about typography
• Solid understanding of current design trends as well as important historical art styles and techniques.
• Solid understanding of the numerous printing processes and techniques
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
ASSOCIATE ART DIRECTOR