Job Title: 2 x Web Content Managers
Anticipated Start Date: Asap
Contract until the end of June 2014 – very likely to extend afterwards for 6 months
Salary: £25000 – 27000K
We are seeking 2 x Web Content Managers to work within the Digital Channels team, responsible for the audience sites and user experience for our client’s website in the UK. They have over 10 million visitors to the site per month so they have to ensure that the users have the best experience possible.
You will have a proven background in a similar role as well as excellent attention to detail as well as a determination to achieve perfection. You must be able to work autonomously and will be comfortable working in an agile environment on large volumes of projects. You will be working with all the departments so you must be able to network and have strong relationship building skills.
You will be an outgoing individual comfortable working with others and confident in their approach. They will be proactive, keen to improve and have strong initiative and drive.
The Web Content Manager within the Digital Channels team will work alongside other Digital team members and colleagues across the marketing organisation to manage content, optimise engagement and improve channel health, in order to deliver on agreed business outcomes.
Responsibilities will range from day to day operational management through to being an active v-team member of integrated marketing campaigns. Operating within the global web framework, the successful candidate will ensure that relevant content is featured on our properties in a timely manner, that it is effectively promoted through other owned and operated channels, and that its positioning and usage is measured and optimised. They will use data from site analytics and customer feedback to understand usage and onsite customer journeys, and combine this data with knowledge of industry best practice to create actionable insights that drive ongoing improvements and deliver on business objectives.
The role requires a proactive individual with the confidence to debate and share ideas and the personal drive to identify opportunities and generate change. It would suit somebody who is keen to get involved and use this opportunity to build a career in digital marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
• Partnering with the product and audience marketing teams to understand business objectives and help translate these into digital marketing metrics. Identifying ways of using our digital properties to achieve agreed business outcomes, centred on customer acquisition, engagement and retention. Making content and website improvement recommendations to support this based on data insights, customer feedback and industry best practice.
• Working closely together with the relevant Social Media Community Managers and our Digital Direct/SEM managers to ensure a strong connection between paid and earned channels and other digital destinations, such that they complement each other and deliver a connected customer experience that drives reach and engagement across all our channels.
• Working together with our technical, optimisation and design leads to identify opportunities to improve site performance, and managing the implementation of recommendations.
• Ensuring that our digital channels are fully utilised in order to maximise media investment in support of product launches and marketing campaigns, working together with the marcomms team and representing the Digital Channels team on campaign v-teams.
• Partnering with global teams who manage the overall digital strategy to share local best practice and proactively shape site development.
• Monitoring overall site health and performance, and providing a regular view of this, with insights and recommendations for improvement to stakeholders.
• Managing day-to-day website operational tasks – be the central point of contact for any global content approvals and site updates, raise and manage all site update requests, filter production requests to ensure that they align to overall strategy, manage site issue escalations and resolutions in partnership with technical teams. (Note that content updates are executed via off-shore technical teams, the web content manager will need to request and manage these updates but will not be responsible for direct implementation).
Skills and experience:
• A passion for Digital Marketing and demonstrated experience of how this can be used to drive measurable business outcomes.
• Experience of active involvement in marketing communications campaigns and always-on content marketing.
• Marketing automation campaign management desirable.
• Ability to work within and across multiple teams and with a range of stakeholders in order to deliver on shared goals, liaising between technical, creative and business teams.
• Ability to review, interpret and visually represent data and align it to business objectives.
• Able to bring new ideas and proposals to execute via our owned and operated digital channels and to provide valued input into marketing campaign plans.
• Resourcefulness, proactive approach and can-do attitude – must be a self-starter who can identify opportunities and see them through to completion.
• Good creative judgment – ability to express opinion with objectivity.
• Sharp eye for detail, and a care / passion for their work.
• Multi-tasker, able to juggle a number of tasks.
• Reliable and able to deliver against timely deadlines.
• Ability to cope with periods of high pressure whilst retaining a measured and rational approach.
Strong writing, editing, project management, communication and organisation skills required. Must have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work as part of a team. Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or a field related to the subject area in which they will be working is required.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Title: 2 x Web Content Managers