- Creating design solutions that have direct impact on 2 million third-party sellers worldwide?
- Working in an environment that exudes customer obsession with every keystroke, every interaction?
- Working closely with cross-organizational business teams to solve seller issues and help drive their success?
- Inventing new, innovative approaches towards communicating and interacting with Sellers?
- Having direct access to many of your end-users for ongoing research, feedback and testing?
- Collaborating closely with developers and other designers on the team as well as many outside of the team to rapidly prototype and iteratively design, build, measure and improve?
Are you ready to build world class e-commerce web applications? Are you passionate about web-based workflows? Do you like the challenge of presenting large amounts of information in ways that can easily be understood? Our client is seeking an experienced User Experience Designer to create efficient and innovative user interfaces for sellers to manage their global online businesses. You will be responsible for understanding the seller's needs to create the concept, framework, and complete user experience for a variety of applications. They are looking for a highly motivated person who can distill complex business requirements and user needs into elegant, usable design solutions. You should also be able prototype your designs in working front-end (HTML/CSS) code to demonstrate specific scenarios and interactions natively within the browser. You should be comfortable working closely with development teams while thriving on rapid design and development cycles. They are looking for someone with strong user interface, usability and design skills to create scalable applications to improve the customer experience on their websites, which are used by sellers/associates worldwide, in multiple languages to satisfy millions of customers.
- 4+ years professional experience in user experience role: UX designer, interaction designer, or equivalent field
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in design or human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent experience
- An online portfolio with samples of work demonstrating your process and how your user-centered designs provided the appropriate solutions
- Expertise with hand-coding modern, standards-compliant, HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to present, demonstrate and advocate for the business problem-solving value of your designs to stakeholders, using data when able
- A passion for learning new techniques, technologies and methods of working to improve both our internal process as well as the products they create
- A good visual design sense that translates to engaging, highly usable designs and layouts
- A ceaseless curiosity about, and empathy for, our customers that drives every design and decision
- Ability to turn around design solutions and deliverables in an iterative, agile environment
- Comfort collaborating directly with developers and an ability to have conversations about the impact of certain development choices as your designs are implemented
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Retail, eCommerce and web-based application design experience
- A understanding of the principles and application of mobile-first and responsive web design approaches
- Proficiency with web standards and accessibility compliance
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs