This company is an ecommerce company offering personalized, made to order mattresses at value driven prices. They base their product designs on cutting edge biomechanics and ergonomics research, and their products are made from the highest quality materials in the USA.
Their custom built ecommerce platform is the direct channel to our customers. Equal parts education, experience, and experimentation, their web app is anything but your standard online store. As they grow, they’re adding key members to the team who can own, architect and expand key pieces of our app. They’re looking for someone who gets out of bed in the morning excited about helping people sleep better every night and building the company's platform by day.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Act as a technical lead and source of expertise within the company, owning all aspects of the customer web experience
• Work closely with the founding team and our design partners to help guide and develop website features
Values and Beliefs:
You’re excited about building systems that are fun and easy to use and about architecting features that surprise and delight our users. Testing our proprietary personalization questionnaire, running experiments to boost customer satisfaction and conversion, and making sure our orders are handled quickly and effectively are problems you’ll tackle daily. You’re ready to learn new techniques and languages to solve problems and you’re comfortable shipping code every day.
Background and Experience:
• Experience building beautiful and functional interfaces for a consumer web property
• Extremely comfortable taking designs and transforming them to semantic and concise HTML and CSS
• Must have – Experience working with PHP or other server side language (we use the Laravel framework)
• Ability to prioritize coding tasks and ship code quickly and regularly
• Superb communication skills and patience with others
• General awesomeness and a sense of humor; appreciation of high quality sleep products
Compensation and perks:
We offer competitive start-up rates with access to a senior leadership team, as well as nap time, free coffee, and beer on tap.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs