New Clients & Acquisitions – Business Development
Develops strategic prospect pipelines. Researches and qualifies new leads and opportunities
and generates meetings for regional and/or global Business Development team. Plans and
executes lead outreach campaigns to generate new business opportunities. Additionally,
identifies, pursues, and secures business with new clients to meet or exceed individual sales
goals within a geographic region, country, and/or territory.
• Identifies prospective clients through analysis of current marketplace data and a deep
understanding of the industry and its challenges and opportunities.
• May establish initial relationship with key contacts at prospective clients that leads to
prospects becoming new clients. May also own client relationship from prospect stage to
de facto client stage.
• Has a specific annual revenue target based on estimated forecasts for new clients.
• Develops and maintains prospective clients’ pipeline, forecasts revenues and provides
regular activity reports to Senior Management and Leadership.
• Develops effective forecasting models considering The Company’s services umbrella,
existing clients’ experience, current market and business conditions, and gathered
prospective clients intelligence on business challenges and needs; to help establish
strategies and priorities, and drive decisions.
• May organize and facilitate meetings with targeted prospective clients and internal teams
to identify adequate services/offerings to meet prospective clients’ needs.
• Is instrumental in developing and managing a confidential, robust and complete Customer
Relationship Management (CRM) tool that will contain all data, conversations,
collaborations and other information crucial to the long term prospect or client relationship.
• Maintains and utilizes a long-term, holistic view of the business.
• Communicates timely, relevant information to employees, as appropriate, so they
understand company performance, business direction and initiatives, and how they
contribute to and benefit from the Company’s success.
• Is an inspiring role model through presence and actions.
• Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes and encourages and empowers others
to do the same.
• Drives change; demonstrates adaptability and fosters an environment that encourages
open mindedness and flexibility in the face of ambiguity and change.
• Focuses own and the team’s efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the
Company’s Strategic Imperatives; acknowledges employees’ efforts and rewards results.
• Sets high and clearly defined standards for direct reports; provides current, objective, and
complete positive and constructive feedback and addresses performance concerns
directly, fairly, and in a timely manner.
• Serves as a coach and mentor; provides coaching and feedback on specific skill
development and encourages employees to pursue upward and lateral growth opportunities
to enhance expertise and drive career development.
• Provides specific, objective feedback to direct reports through written performance reviews
as part of the Global Performance Management program.
• Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the Company;
listens and values the opinions of others.
• Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively
working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
• Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and
drive career development.
• Grows the Company’s revenue and profitability by expanding The Company’s client base.
• Participates in the Strategic Account Planning (SAPs) process; drives the growth required to
meet financial goals by developing and executing the annual strategic Account Plans as it
pertains to new clients leads.
• Participates in the development of innovative proposals to capture both account growth
and new business opportunities.
• May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
Education & Certifications
• College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline
such as Marketing, Advertising, Business Management and Research Planning or an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the
key accountabilities of the job required.
• Graduate degree or MBA (Masters of Business Administration) a plus.
• Proven experience successfully generating leads through all forms of promotion.
• Significant Industry experience (Retail, Consumer Package Goods, Pharmaceutical, Digital,
Finance/Banking, etc.) required.
Skills & Abilities
• Significant knowledge of The Company’s products, solutions and services.
• Significant understanding of the market and business environment that affects the industry
(Retail, Consumer Package Goods, Pharmaceutical, Digital, Finance/Banking, etc.).
• Significant understanding of the assigned products and services.
• Significant understanding of effective sales practices and trends.
• Strong problem-solving skills; strong ability to proactively identify and implement effective
• Good knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decisionmaking;
ability to build sound business cases to support initiatives.
• Significant presentation and communication skills (written, verbal).
• Significant people, organizational, and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
• Proficient Computer Software (SW) Skills:
• Apple Mac equipment and operating systems
• Overall Business SW (e.g. MS-Office Suite)
• Specific Functional SW (e.g. Abode Design Suite, Acrobat plus QuarkXpress; Project
Management Software; Agile; or others; etc.)
• Ability to translate market intelligence data into potential business opportunities with
• Proven ability to lead, mentor and manage other managers, supervisors, and/or individual
• Ability to lead and adapt to the requirements of various client accounts.
• Ability to interpret concept and/or brand guidelines through to artwork execution (e.g.
digital, photographic, etc.).
• Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues in
one or more areas of the organization.
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and/or external
clients (e.g. printers, product manufacturers, service providers, and/or clients).
• Ability to work well in a team environment, to handle a heavy workload, to prioritize work,
and to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability and willingness to work with people of all levels.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
New Clients & Acquisitions – Business Development