The nature of the work is focused on the appearance of product, communications, or collateral materials. Under direction from Design management, uses design skills to create original graphic designs that appropriately reflect Nike's design ethos. These projects include, but are not limited to the development of print, packaging, 3-D retail displays, event signage, logo systems, imagery, video, and collateral materials.
- Effectively uses computerized systems in design process.
- Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution.
- Manages individual projects beginning with attending internal briefings, managing timelines, and scheduling work-back schedules, budget management, supplier coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards. Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets.
- Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget.
- Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation.
- Arrange the purchasing of goods and services from domestic and international vendors. Understand technical aspects, terminology, and equipment involved in film, print, and collateral production.
- Act as a liaison among Nike managers (Image Design, Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies.
- Communicates Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies.
- Communicates project details, design requirements, scheduling needs, and graphic materials.
- Provides design support for higher level designers as needed.
Required Skills / Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Graphic Designer
- Retail Environment Graphics Production
- Production Design
- Color Theory