The clients Content team creates and maintains the hotel descriptions on several brand websites.
Content Editors collect and input property data into tools, may call hotels for additional information (using Skype), and use a tool to answer questions about the content to ensure all areas are completed.
Editors will also manage change requests in a queue, and update hotel information as required, according to style and technical guidelines.
This role combines ability to learn and explain tools and software, attention to detail, and customer-service skills.
Tasks and processes may change according to business needs.
Candidates must, therefore, be adept at managing process changes, but still bring an editor’s eye and content experience.
- Help create new hotel content by capturing and confirming data about amenities and services.
- Help update content for existing hotels by resolving change requests in a Salesforce queue Work efficiently towards daily targets and team metrics
- Provide project support in other data/editing tasks, as assigned
- Strong writing/editing/organizational skills
- Professional experience as an online writer, editor, media producer, or content developer
Work Experience and Education Guidelines
- 2 to 3 years of editorial or e-commerce content experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English (or other language major), Communications, or related field
- Common sense;
- Ability to learn quickly and ask good questions, not those that can be answered in available documentation
- Excellent writing, spelling, and grammar skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook required
- Intermediate ability to read, and intermediate conversational ability, in one or more of these languages a very strong plus: Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Spanish, French
- Ability to work and learn independently, as well as collaborate with larger teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-direction, and drive
- Excellent organizational and quality-control abilities
- Ability to learn new software and technical processes quickly;
- Experience working with content databases, content management tools, Salesforce, and SharePoint a plus
- Proven ability to resolve a high volume of work in a deadline-driven environment or work queue
- Experience in the travel/hotel industry a plus
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs