We are actively seeking a Licensing Product Development Specialist for the Licensing Toy & Game team in located in Rhode Island. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all product and packaging approvals in line with key strategic business goals and Core Style Guide Direction, while ensuring commercial requirements and timelines are achieved. This position reports to the Director of Licensed Toy and Game, and is based in our offices in downtown Providence, RI.
• Work with licensees to develop product in line with the latest style guides and product development calendar, ensuring key milestones are achieved, tracking and communicating key information on a timely basis
• Proactively manage the product and packaging approval processes using the Licensing Approvals System (LAS) and managing the workload in the most efficient manner possible
• Educate licensees and maintain understanding of all necessary tools such as LAS, HCS, Product and Packaging Style Guides and Approvals, ensuring all relevant materials such as style guides, 3-D turns, sound & video clips, pitches, etc are provided
• Set up and maintain an archive of all approved artwork, samples and production for all product and packaging developed
• Partner with category teams to review licensees proposed line plans & outline key process steps at the beginning of the product development process
• Work with licensees, Hasbro Public Relations, and Commercial Team to facilitate the approval process for licensees’ external communications (PR, social media, etc)
• Completion of sell-in reports and reconciliation against product approvals
• Preparation of all commercial deal memos
• Highly organized self starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Must have an eye for detail and a desire for consistency
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within set parameters.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel etc. Experience using project management software tools helpful
• Confident in collating presentation material together and using relevant software such as PowerPoint
• Ability to influence and facilitate agreement between internal and external business partners is idealClear, concise written and oral communication essential
• High degree of initiative and ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision - - must be a self-starter
• Team player with leadership qualities.
• Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally.
• Ability to make informed decisions quickly to keep performance on track.
• Culturally sensitive and diplomatic
• Ability to travel to shows, licensee meetings, etc.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) desired, but not required