The Graphics Project Manager (GPM) is vital function responsible for facilitating seamless development of this top Toy Brands' art assets from inception through final art release on a global scale. The GPM will utilize the appropriate business tools, analytics, communication and prioritization skills to lead art asset development cross functionally to deliver art assets as defined by the project schedules. The GPM will possess high initiative and hold natural propensity to evolve associated processes in collaboration with cross functional partners and Licensors. The GPM will also have the ability to be ‘on-site’ as needed to ensure Licensor relationships and approvals are aligned with the need of the business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creative Review Meetings: Collaborate with the Global Creative Development brand leads/designers and Gatekeepers in driving crisp decisions, documenting and communicating next steps as well as identifying/aligning on schedule impacts for Team evaluation and acceptance.
• Jetpack (asset development tracking software): Responsible for monitoring project health and collaborating/aligning with the Project Manager on any required escalation. Flags issues and comes prepared with recommended solutions.
• Team Coordination, Prioritization & Communication:
o Schedule & Prioritization – Review initial schedules defined by the Project Manager vs. projected assets and team resources. Align with the Project Manager and drive to ensure overall global project development priorities are aligned and communicated cross functionally and with external partners as required. Lead all related discussions with Project Manager and broader Team as required to ensure Brand and Studio milestones are maintained/current.
o Constraints - Identify pending constraints and drive proactive solutions to mitigate related constraints ahead of time.
o Milestones – Ensure all related Global Creative Development schedule milestones are coordinated and current within the Global Milestone System and related business systems ahead of the respective Topline meeting (scheduling review meetings). Attend associated team Topline meetings with prepared and predetermined recommendations/updates for Team consideration & coordination. Ensure resolutions to all package/instruction art milestone issues are negotiated, resolved and next steps agreed to at each Topline meeting.
o Forward Planning/Reporting – Facilitate & lead consistent workload plan reporting to associated Global Creative Development partners. Be proficient in ability to identify peek workload in adequate time beforehand whereas your recommendation for art production bandwidth adjustments can be reviewed and adjusted in time to meet the demand. Works with Design Leads to help facilitate workload evaluation meetings, redistribute projects as necessary.
o Lead SCRUM styled meetings with Global Creative Development partners so clear next steps are maintained and communicated internally & externally.
o Escalation - Ensure art deliverable data accuracy within their internal system to support escalation in a manner whereas the data hold a high level of integrity. Escalate concerns and potential solutions diligently and accurately for management and/or Team review to establish clear directive(s) and associated communication.
o Represents Global Creative Development in negotiations with critical internal partners globally to improve schedules and to ensure priorities are identified and plan for “on time” milestone completions.
o Evaluate workload and prioritize projects as necessary.
• Asset Trafficking:
o Ensure smooth transfer and availability of key assets such as (but not limited to) Copy, Instruction art, Collateral art, and Photo Samples.
• Licensor(s): Asset delivery confirmation to internal Licensing Coordinator for formal submissions and monitor approvals.
• Expediting: Facilitate ‘in person’ approval meetings (Total Product Offering, Creative Approval and/or Technical Approval) as required to quickly achieve gatekeeper approval on art files.
• Graphic Print Change Request Forms (GPCRs): Facilitates change request program, identifies cost & evaluates schedule impacts, communicates changes to global partners with associated action plans.
• Process: Learn intimate knowledge of the product development processes. Champion ways to refine and improve PDS processes to gain efficiencies in bringing products to market. Leads efforts by inspiring team members to improve systems, processes and procedures. Works together with other team leads & staff to establish process and facilitate workflow for collaborating on projects.
• Graphics Coordination/Pre-Press: Collaborate closely with Graphics Coordination representative(s) to ensure seamless art deliverables and disseminate global communications, action items, etc. Graphics Coordinators are responsible for monitoring creative and technical cross functional art asset approvals, uploading of files to the internal Portal (HCSP), asset version control, etc.
• Represents the Global Creative Development Department by supporting larger company initiatives as they relate to the department; prioritize and facilitate any special projects for department.
• Make results a top priority while assuring attention to detail. Utilize strong informed decision making, innovative problem solving, while embracing a global mind set.
• Mentors Associate Global Asset Managers, Contract Staff, cop-intern, part time, and/or new hire staff members as needed.
• Ability to handle multiple brands and/or projects concurrently under compressed timelines within our ‘retail’ industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Project and/or Production Management with a graphic development background (preferred).
• 4-6 years experience managing people and projects through a brand development process in a brand creative environment.
• Strong initiative, self-starter and ‘can-do’ mindset with propensity to infill gaps in process to manage daily work effectively within a collaborative Team environment.
• Advanced project management abilities; capable of collaborating cross functionally to prioritize projects at a brand and project level and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters
• Advanced analytical skills
• Strong experience using Microsoft Office tools and process flow diagram tool.
• Strong visionary with experience writing and implementing 1, 3 and 5 year business plans specifically relating to process and workflow efficiencies.
• Well developed, verbal, written and presentation skills