We are seeking an experienced Event Manager who can manage a team of event coordinators within our client's campus environment. This person will be responsible for scheduling a team of event coordinators to ensure that conference room and meeting spaces are setup according to the Service Level Agreement. Experience with and knowledge of modern A/V concepts and equipment, including excellent troubleshooting ability. Must possess excellent communication skills; tact in working with professional peers from other departments; initiative and judgment involved in assisting with clients during events in resolving problems and addressing issues; the ability to evaluate problems and make recommendations to person(s) involved; the ability to think quickly and accurately; be versed in all aspects of conference planning.
A successful candidate will be a team player; have excellent communication and customer service skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects; and the ability to handle last-minute changes in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of events.
Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to continually evaluate situations and re-prioritize accordingly. Ability to work in independent situations and as a team situation. Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages and discounts.
- Prepares and manages project budgets.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Software Programs including Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio; experience with the industry reservation tool; ability to type 60 wpm; excellent customers service skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of events for the Multipurpose Rooms, General Floor Conference Rooms and all other meeting spaces.
- Manage the conference room equipment inventory to ensure that all tables, chairs, podiums etc. are in excellent condition at all times.
- Meet with client on a regular basis to ensure them that all meeting events are being managed per the Service Level Agreement.
- Create and maintain meeting room setup standards that will be utilized by the event coordinators when setting up conference and meeting spaces.
- Required to perform meet and greets (checking in with clients) and ensure all aspects of the meeting (furniture, catering, audio visual and room cleanliness are in order, and follow through after meeting has concluded.
- Communicate last minute changes and requests to team.
- Lead site visits and provide detailed information about policies and services available.
- Manage event coordinator to ensure that they have the correct PPE and equipment to perform tasks Monitor personal email and group alias email with appropriate follow up with the 24 hours SLA.
- Provide guidance and be a resource for conference planning team and other vendors on site.
- Arrange for outside rentals as needed for all levels of service as requested.
- Handle issues as they arise through the proper administrative channels.
- Work with all departments and vendors to ensure all aspects of each function are covered.
- Stay informed with industry standards and share information with conference planning team members and customers.
- Be well versed with the client policies and procedures and provide excellent customer service while adhering to those policies.
- Analyzes cost/benefits and market trends as basis for program recommendations.
- Create and provide budget forecast and reconciliation.