The nature of the work is focused on understanding and conveying company and product information to internal and external stakeholders through appropriate and effective channels.
• Drive the Nike innovation message in the media through integrated communications around key global initiatives and global events.
• Strategically integrate regional communications efforts to achieve the most appropriate media coverage for Nike's interaction with the events.
• Help develop and execute Nike's brand messaging for global sports events.
• Lead and coordinate multi-regional communications teams' efforts to achieve the best possible coverage for Nike.
• Drive global strategic and budget planning around communication efforts around events.
• Act as media spokesperson for Nike at key global sports events.
• Develop and execute media message including brand, athlete and crisis communications at global sports events. communications at global sports events.
• Proactively build and coordinate strategic media relationships with key publications, broadcast media and key media influences.
• Develop relationships with targeted editors and journalists; re-ignite existing relationships within the media that regularly cover Nike and actively create new ones.
• Participate in the development of global strategies, messages, plans and communications tools appropriate for key internal and external audiences to successfully enhance Nike’s reputation as a leading corporate citizen in the areas of Manufacturing practices; Labor practices; Environmental responsibility; Community development; Corporate diversity
• Oversee the management of relevant PR agency relationships.
• College degree or equivalent in Journalism, Communications required. 5+ years of Public Relations, Communications, brand marketing experience required.
• International Media relations experience preferred.
• Second language (Spanish, Japanese, French) desirable.
Typically requires a Bachelors Degree and minimum of 5 or 6 years directly relevant work experience