UX Designer III
The Amazon Wireless team is looking for a talented and driven contractor/temp User Experience Designer with strong interaction, usability, and visual design skills. In this position, you will focus on collaboratively delivering a best in class desktop, tablet, and mobile customer experience for purchasing mobile devices with service.
You will help design the end-to-end experience in the wireless category, including the delivery of: information architectures, interaction flows, low-fidelity wireframes, and final high-fidelity visual comps - while effectively balancing customer, business, and technology requirements. Specific responsibilities include:
• Drive the end-to-end customer experience for large, high-impact projects for the Amazon Wireless business.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements.
• Create user-centric designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings.
• Create foundational information architectures, interaction models, and wireframe prototypes to solve for complex interactions efficiently.
• Translate completed wireframes into high-fidelity visual comps, and visual design specifications (redlines) for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
• Review and get feedback from the product team, engineering team and external partners. Present designs to management for approval.
• Proactively manage time and expectations, meet deadlines and communicate needs and tradeoffs to key stakeholders.
• Partner with technical development teams for product launch.
The ideal candidate is passionately user-centric, aware of current e-commerce best practices, and knows how to leverage visitor data and user feedback to inform their recommendations and measure their design solutions. You are expected to be a strong customer advocate and use that to design scalable, effective CX. Our environment is fast-paced and requires a candidate who is flexible, detail-oriented, thrives in ambiguity, and can effectively collaborate across cross-functional groups.
• 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product/web designer, or equivalent.
• A strong portfolio of work samples demonstrating both interaction and visual user-centered design solutions.
• Experience designing for the web and web based devices.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI) or related field.
• Expert level proficiency in industry standard design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
• Experience effectively collaborating with team members from design, product strategy, and development.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design.
• Strong working knowledge of usability principles, best practices, and techniques.
• Experience in wireless industry and/or e-commerce.
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
UX Designer III