$30-35 per hour DOE
*** THIS POSITION IS HYBRID ON SITE IN RHODE ISLAND ***
If you are passionate about innovation and retail, then bring your talents and innovative ideas to a top Fortune 10 company with over 8,000 retail stores. Our merchandising team is currently seeking best-in-class talent with fresh ideas, new perspectives and a desire to make a real difference in one’s career.Our Client excels in delivering an unmatched breadth of healthcare capabilities across all our businesses.
The Merchandising Strategy Analyst (Contractor) will play an important role on the Category Management team managing many of the day-to-day operational activities as well as supporting longer term strategic initiatives. The goal of this role is to support category level decision making to drive sales and profitability and establish clear market superiority. The ideal candidate will possess at least a bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or a related field and have a minimum of three to five years analytical experience in consumer goods or retail.
– Strong interpersonal skills and able to work cross-functionally.
-Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication must be able to assist in writing marketing plans, write general business correspondence, presentations, sales collateral proposals, etc.
– Strong organizational and analytical skills ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, professional publications and industry information.
– Previous experience in marketing, specifically in the area of product/services and client marketing is highly desired.
– Demonstrated initiative, ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
– Strong project management and follow-up skills.
– Must be PC literate with a good command of word processing, presentation/graphics packages, spreadsheets and have strong Internet skills.
– Minimum of 3+ yrs of combined experience in a marketing/communications role or a role which allows the individual to demonstrate creative skills associated with developing marketing materials such as brochures, letters, white papers, etc.
– Strong capabilities in coordinating cross-functional teams or working in a matrix organization for 2+ years.
– Experience in project coordination for 2+ years.
– Experience with the following technologies is a plus: Microsoft Office, Periscope, Microstrategy, SAP, One Note, etc.
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!