$37.39 to $41.55 Hourly
The Storytelling division of of our client’s Creative Studio is seeking a Photo Editor (mid-level) to join the team for a 6 month, full time, remote assignment.
**This is not a Senior role – client is seeking no more than 6 years experience to be considered**
The Photo Editor will be accountable for a wide range photo-based responsibilities, including, but not limited to, photo research, photo shoot production, story editing, ideation and support of the Visual Storytelling team’s projects and objectives. This position will primarily support our client’s platform.
Our client is a media platform dedicated to creating, highlighting, and uplifting the diverse stories of Black identity. The umbrella includes an editorial division, book publishing arm, film and television division, and music publishing group, each united by the shared mission of illuminating the culture and experience of Blackness.
- Collaborate effectively with creative and editorial partners to elevate storytelling.
- Research and license imagery for our client’s network of properties
- Assist senior-level photo editors with commissioning original photo shoots with location scouting, studio setup, call sheets and other logistics.
- Work with photographers, agencies, vendors, and the company’s licensing and business departments for budgeting and onboarding.
- Meet multiple deadlines successfully and maintain high standards of accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage several assignments at once, giving regular updates to inform the team.
- Adhere to proper file management direction ensuring efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Contribute to photo databases that cover a diverse range of photographers and industry professionals.
- Proactively research technical solutions to hardware/software/plugin issues.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a media outlet or a photography-related field.
- Understanding of copyright laws and photo licensing standards.
- Working knowledge of wire services, agencies and all other sources of pictures and video, including social media and photographer estates.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced news environment.
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Photo Mechanic and other standard photo editing tools, techniques, and resources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable work-from-home setup with reliable internet connection.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $37.39 to $41.55 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.