Business Development ConsultantHYBRID Washington DC
$40-47 an hour DOE
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Rep to join our clients Digital Strategy team. The perfect candidate for this role should enjoy cross-collaboration with multiple teams. A self-starter with a passion of continuous improvement would make a great addition to this team.
– Conducts Business Development activities in support of business objectives and priorities.
– Works with Digital Strategy & Membership Team and various Business Teams to evaluate, develop, negotiate, launch, and manage strategic digital partnerships.
– Represents the organization in the creation of new opportunities that enhance brand equity, increase appeal of membership, and drive incremental revenue. – – —
– Collaborates with a cross-functional team internally to ensure alignment and coordination across business development activities.
1. Develop prospect lists, prospecting strategies and conduct outreach to the marketplace in
support of relevant strategic initiatives.
2. Lead the creation of market scans and opportunity assessments. Support development of
Concept Documents/Business Cases for business development opportunities, and coordinate RFP/RFI processes including requirements gathering, market outreach, and final selection with relevant stakeholders.
3. Manage pipeline of prospect/provider targets on behalf of the team and lead creation and delivery of stakeholder updates.
4. Lead the negotiation and/or renewal of complex, strategic relationship agreements. Effectively
negotiate the best possible agreements that maximize the organization’s assets and drive business objectives.
5. Represent the organization in the marketplace in a highly professional manner. Communicate effectively with an executive presence and clearly articulate the AARP value proposition; able to quickly adapt to varying and sometimes challenging situations.
– 10+ years’ experience in Business Development or Strategic Partnership Development, preferably with
digital media experience.
– Completion of Bachelor’s Degree.
– Experience negotiating complex partnership deals, from prospecting stage to contract
negotiation and execution.
– Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
– Extremely organized and attentive to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
– Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills. Action oriented, positive mindset.
– Team player dedicated to consistent professionalism in delivery for internal and external
clients. Comfortable in a collaborative, matrixed environment.
– Experience coordinating data and research in support of crafting market-facing and internal presentations.
– Understanding of Sales/CRM platforms and reporting is a plus.
– Digital media experience preferred.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $40 to $47 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.