Senior User ResearcherSeattle, WA
$90 to $100 an hour
For this assignment with Aquent's client, we are seeking a Senior User Researcher for their team in Seattle to plan, execute, analyze and summarize research studies in our new lab. This role will augment our current research team in other locations, helping us to conduct more studies from our long backlog. A senior level is important as they must be experienced with user research best practices for collecting analyzing, and reporting on study data, and capable of working independently as other researchers are not co-located to help with in-person studies. More research increases our impact, enabling us to inform more product and design decisions with customer input and feedback. In the role of User Researcher, you will have the opportunity to lead research projects alongside expert designers, PMs, and engineers. As a key member in the organization, you will help team members determine what user information is needed to answer critical questions and design studies to get results that will inform product direction and decisions.
- Experience conducting human-centered research
- Design and execute research (in-house and remote) that collects and analyzes objective and subjective measures
- Extract and formulate insights from user data to inform product strategy and direction
- Confidence and ability to collaborate effectively with designers, engineers, and PMs to identify research questions that can yield actionable insights for the team
- Proficient in data management, analysis, and visualization, with an ability to prioritize and communicate multi-dimensional information to stakeholders, including designers, engineers, product managers, and executives
- Ability to examine results from one or more studies to develop deeper insights, plan additional research to uncover new findings, and contribute at a strategic level (across multiple features and/or products)
- Identify, promote, and share methods, best practices and techniques with the broader organization
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Organized, highly attentive to detail, and manages time well
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with XXX products and ecosystem is a plus
As a User Researcher on this team, you will:
- Develop and conduct in-person and remote user studies on a variety of XXX products and features
- Extract insights about usability, overall user experience, and user sentiment from qualitative and quantitative data, and objectively presenting the findings to engineering, design, PM, product marketing, and executives
- Work closely with stakeholder teams on exploratory research and design
- Evolve research planning, processes and tools as needed to promote efficiency as the team scales
Education and Experience
- BSc/MSc/Ph.D. in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field, or equivalent experience (Ph.D. preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in human-centered research for software and/or hardware products
- Additional Experience
- Preferred: prior research experience in virtual assistants, speech recognition, natural language understanding, voice input, AI, or ML.
- Preferred: 2+ years of experience using any data analysis and visualization software, and/or programming languages for data analysis (e.g. Matlab, JMP, SPSS, Python, R, Tableau, etc.)
- Preferred: experience using spreadsheet and presentation software (e.g. Numbers, Excel, Keynote, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $90 to $100 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.