On-Site Retail PharmacistOmak, WA
This is an ON-SITE RETAIL PHARMACIST position based in Omar, WA.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist customers with their healthcare needs by filling prescriptions, providing clinical services, and providing excellent customer service while supervising Pharmacy associates. Frequent independent judgments are essential. All duties described in this document will be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs, including appropriate immunization and, when available, MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with medical-related issues and providing healthcare counseling.
- Supervise the work completed by support staff while on duty.
- Assist with training, coaching, and managing the pharmacy associates and assume management responsibility over the entire pharmacy as needed.
- Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
- Comply with HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints, and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
- Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain information on customers and prescriptions and resolve any issues.
- Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
- Prioritize Pharmacy Department tasks and follow through to ensure all tasks are completed promptly. Including, but not limited to, cycle counts, inventory management, and will calls to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Pharmacy or Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.)
- Active Pharmacist license in good standing in the state for which they are applying
- Active Immunization Certification (through an accredited organization: i.e., APhA)
- Active CPR and AED BLS Certificate (from an in-person live training)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) Number
- Fully vaccinated
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business