- Fully Remote
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Caitlin Bair
We are looking for a Design Program Manager to drive operational excellence within the VR Foundation pillar of VR Platform Design.
In this role, you’ll focus on building strategic and operational solutions that enable product execution at scale, partnering not only with the Design disciplines but cross-functional partners as well. You’ll optimize day-to-day pillar operations, while spearheading initiatives that elevate product quality and foster culture, connections, and communication across teams. You’ll be partnering closely with a VR Foundation Product Design Manager and our existing team of amazing Designers (DPMs, Product Designers, User Researchers, Content Design) to implement operational systems, act as a connector, and problem solve operational hurdles to enable designers to do their most impactful work.
- Experience working with product teams or programs from roadmapping through delivery.
- Experience working directly with design leadership, product designers, UX researchers, and content designers.
- 2-5+ years of experience in design operations or related fields establishing programs, supporting design teams, and developing relationships.
- Track record of operating independently and with minimal oversight.
- Value Add: Experience leading product or business strategy in a fast-paced environment.
- Value Add: Experience managing vendors and contractors.
You’ll be expected to:
- Enable teams to focus their time on designing, building and shipping great products.
- You are able to proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams to establish effective ways of working together.
- Manage multi-team strategic initiatives that drive efficiency and impact, including executing specific design initiatives intended to grow team culture and industry expertise.
- Own and facilitate meetings (e.g. standups, design critiques, design reviews, design sprints, design summits) to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establish clear next steps and owners while resolving blocks that impede progress.
- Improve team communication, collaboration, and identify and remove roadblocks.
- Proactive in problem solving and effective in information distribution.
- Use persuasive communication to the right audience to get buy-in and feedback.
- Utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to keep our teams on track.
- Contribute best practices to the DPM discipline and share expertise with team members.
- Measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively. Continually refines and iterates to ensure usage and adoption.
- Source and manage operational budgets, vendor relationships, and contracts
- Help build a safe and inclusive culture and define ways to bring people together, strengthen our design community, and create an environment designers are proud to be a part of.
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
• Be part of their mission of community building
• Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
• Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
• Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.