- Hybrid in Chicago area
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
EXCITING AVP, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS OPPORTUNITY
Our client, a rapidly growing boutique investment management firm that specializes in working with insurance companies to build tailored solutions to support their growth, is hiring an AVP, Marketing and Communication, to provide timely, proactive, and comprehensive marketing and communications support while collaborating closely with key stakeholders across the marketing, communications, business units, and sales teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify creative, targeting, modeling, cross-channel and product opportunities to grow sales.
- Develop internal and external marketing and communication strategic plan.
- Design and execute a robust marketing strategy and plan, considering business goals, priorities, and resources.
- Manage development, implementation, and optimization of marketing and communication plans aligned with target audiences (agents, brokers, clients, employees, and internal business partners).
- Monitor performance of rollout campaigns. Identify key trends and adjust strategies accordingly. Track marketing costs and ensure channel stays on budget.
- Lead marketing and analytic research projects to develop new opportunities or make existing campaigns more effective throughout the operation.
- Collaborate closely with internal (Compliance, Creative Services, Sales Team) and external (Data and Print vendors) partners to ensure high execution quality and continued process efficiency gains.
- Develop leadership communication and events, including employee town halls, intranet and agent/broker/client/industry presentation development.
- Align with global media relations and digital marketing teams to leverage content for media engagement, as well as paid media advertising to drive traffic to our website.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or other relevant discipline
- 5-8 years related marketing experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Life and Annuity insurance experience. Background in Marketing and Operations within Financial Services experience preferred.
- Analytic, Problem solver, Strategic thinker; End user Business Intelligence software experience is a plus
- Ability to develop a strategic marketing plan, manage deliverables to achieve key project dates, develop sales estimates, and explain resulting variances against those expectations.
- React to sales trends to optimize performance and deliver on sales goals through test and learn philosophy. Stay in tune to consumer and competitive insights.
- Ability to lead projects or play other key roles in ideas to expand channel sales, including new products, audiences, and ideas to optimize revenue.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to question results and solve complex issues. Leverage data to analyze and to uncover opportunities. Challenge the status quo to enhance value. Use analytical findings to drive key initiations and new innovative projects.
- Strong communication: Ability to interact with partners and influence senior leaders