- Remote - Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Ryan Lack
This is a remote position; however, to be considered candidates must be local to the following cities: Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; and San Diego, CA
The client is looking for an experienced editor/writer focused on cutting-edge technology, primarily in AI but also including augmented/virtual reality, and engineering.You’ll work remotely as part of our client’s technology communications editorial team, which manages a bundle of digital content channels focused on artificial intelligence, engineering, and other aspects of innovation, speaking to an audience of experts (researchers, engineers, and practitioners) and savvy non-experts (journalists, non-technical people who work in tech). This is a team of storytellers — a mix of trained journalists, video producers, and marketers. The content produced is tied to business objectives.
The ideal candidate should have a diverse portfolio of content that showcases the ability to convey complicated and nuanced topics in clear, elegant prose for both experts (researchers, engineers, and developers) and non-expert audiences. As part of their work, this individual will collaborate with the clients’ researchers and experts to unpack dense technical work on topics such as self-supervised learning, natural language understanding, object segmentation, zero-shot learning, and Transformer-based AI models. This writer/editor will not just explain how a piece of technology works, but also convey what makes it interesting and noteworthy, why it matters, and how it ties to the client’s long-term vision. With some projects, this individual will write articles from scratch, with input from subject matter experts. With others, this person will revise and finalize drafts written by the subject matter experts themselves.
- Help lead the development of up to 10 pieces of content each month, from concept to publication, often under tight deadlines
- Manage projects with often complicated feedback from partners across the client’s public relations, marketing, creative, product, legal, and engineering teams to outline and develop a variety of content — including articles, scripts, talking points, and other material
- Research, package, write, and edit content from internal and external sources to develop insightful and engaging company and brand narratives
- Help develop content beyond text-based stories — including infographics, charts, videos, etc.
- Interview researchers, engineers, executives, and other people working in tech innovation
- Use data to inform content recommendations and decisions
- Work effectively with the client’s distribution lead to help content reach target audiences
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of editorial experience, preferably focused on technology
- Proven ability to quickly identify, research, and package story ideas that stand out in a crowded marketplace for technology content
- Proven ability to work with dense, complex source material, such as research papers.
- Proven ability to spot trends and themes, preferably in technology
- Proven ability to translate dense, technical information into clear, widely accessible prose
- Proven ability to write short- to long-form content under tight deadlines
- Experience developing visual- and social-driven content
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of highly cross-functional team
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle the complexities of creating content for a technology company
- Proven ability to anticipate and mitigate risk
- Strong attention to detail
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.