- 100% remote
- Job Terms:
- $80/hour W2 + Benefits & 401k match
- Start date:
- ~3 weeks from offer
We are looking for a Sr. UX Designer with a range of experience leading UX activities across discovery and delivery. You will be working with an Agile cross-function product team taking an early-stage concept all the way to production to impact our client’s lives.
Yourself and the UX Team will be responsible for:
• Leads the product design process for the duration of a project.
• Participates in user research and feedback; uses insights to inform iterative design process.
• Translates user needs and business requirements into the potential design of multi-platform solutions (e.g., responsive web, native applications, desktop applications, wearables, chatbots); deliverables may include: scenarios, sketches, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, motion studies, mock-ups, specifications and prototypes.
• Contributes to the design-thinking process while collaborating with a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, product owners and engineers, designing concepts from a user's viewpoint.
• Stays informed of design and technology trends and best practices, applying and evolving a modern design process.
Design Expertise and Execution
• Maintain the high standards set by the group.
• Conduct primary design activities, create deliverables and conduct QA at an expert level.
• Contributes to the visualization of ideas (e.g., mock-up, sketch, story board, diagram, wireframe, prototype) Uses templates, style guides and interaction patterns to create variations (e.g., for error messages); may contribute to design standards.
• Scopes out and coordinates own work tasks/part of project with other designers and design leads to ensure schedules are met.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
• Work well with all partners to deliver work.
• Support UX team members.
• Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
• Collaborative and cooperative.
• Has a design position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information.
• Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
• Enthusiastic about UX design.
Empathy & Curiosity
• Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
• Focus on innovation and improvement.
• Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools.
Additional Job Details:
- Portfolio Required Link or PDF preferred
- 6+ Years UX design experience
- FACILITATION skills are required
Why your work matters:
• You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
• By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business with Schwab.
• You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
• You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment.
What you have:
• 5-7 + years of rich interaction design focused on digital products.
• Web and mobile experience.
• Experience in Journey Mapping and Design Thinking practices – Knowledge of and ability to apply design methods, including wireframing, sketching, story boarding a must.
• Proficient in most aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
• Experience with Chat Bot’s or Voice helpful (but not a requirement)
• Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
• Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners, and capable of managing your project schedules.
• Proficient in UX design tools like Sketch, Mural, InVision, Omnigraffle or Axure
• Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
Charles Schwab User Experience and Design is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, content strategists, prototype specialists and researchers. We work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users. Our business is driven by looking through our clients’ eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. Our purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world.
- We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success.
- We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
- Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all.
As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.