- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Saraya Kohloff
Approved Remote Locations: Washington DC, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA, and San Diego, CA.
Specific skills or experiences relevant to this role include data privacy, video games, antitrust, virtual reality, and knowledge of tech policy community.
- This individual can analyze and summarize existing policy conversations, legislation, and research.
- This individual will help inform and execute policy engagement with external stakeholders.
- They will schedule, help with preparation, and facilitate meetings with stakeholders
- They will summarize takeaways from engagements to inform product counseling.
- Issue spot global policy implications, responsibility, and conformance with norms of the expert and policy communities of new products and features.
- Align technical solutions and policy frameworks to govern AR/VR platforms and experiences;
- Coordinate with external affairs and other policy teams to drive advocacy efforts.
- Review legislation and work with legislative teams.
- Develop and maintain policy resources required for products including launch plans, hard Q&As, and internal white papers and briefing memos
- Respond promptly to a wide range of requests from Product, Legal, Policy, Communications, and Business teams across the company
- Give policy guidance to teams from the initial stages of research, product development and launch
- 4+ years of related policy experience
- Background in technology policy and applied knowledge of technology
- Familiarity with advising on privacy issues
- BA degree, Master's degree, or equivalent practical tech policy experience
- 4+ years demonstrated experience with Tech Policy
- 4+ years demonstrated experience with External Engagement/Stakeholder management, and cross-functional teams
- Interest in AR/VR
- Product Counseling Experience
- Experience in Global Policy Work, Trade Association, or Gov’t work