- Moffett Field, CA;
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Saraya Kohloff
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions
- User study moderation
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Literature reviews
- Lab setup & management
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Note taking and data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Work with content at many levels (style guides, templates, analytics). Partner with Product, Program Management, UX, UXR, engineering, support operations, legal, PR, and other editorial groups to ensure content consistency and transparency.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Conduct qualitative research
- Assist other user researchers with various preparation activities
- B.A./B.S. (Completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields
- 2-3 years of professional (industry) experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers (aka user interviews), field research, survey creation/analysis, in-person and remote research experience
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of Qualtrics, UserZoom, and DScout
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
A giant in the Tech Industry, this company's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. This company is committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything they do—from how they build their products to how they build their workforce. Consistently named one of Forbes top employers, this company works hard to attract, retain and progress the best Talent.
A career here gives you the opportunity to be part of something bigger:
Expanding Opportunity - Providing people with information, tools and services to help them build knowledge, fuel curiosity, and unlock opportunity.
Protecting Users - Keeping billions of people safer online.
Including all Voices - Building a world where progress, equitable outcomes, diversity, and inclusion can be realities both inside and outside our workplace.
Responding to Crisis - Helping those affected by crisis through products, people and partners.
Advancing Sustainability - Unifying practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale.
Are you ready to join the journey?
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.