- Culver City, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
During this assignment with Aquent's client, as a member of the Design Team, the Art Director is responsible for creating considered concepts and elegant design solutions for websites, email communications, and other marketing channels.
• You have at least at least 7-11 years of relevant experience at an agency, design firm or leading brand.
• You have experience in graphic design, art direction, advertising, marketing, corporate identity, branding, and digital communication.
• Excellent design, system thinking and conceptual skills accompanied by the ability to guide and evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
• You are naturally curious and passionate about design — with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends.
• You are a motivated and driven art director that collaborates well with a team to find simple solutions to complex problems.
• You are a proficient communicator with great presentation skills that is able to articulate ideas in a clear manner, engage in healthy debate, and accept directional feedback. Must be able to communicate effectively both up and down a creative organization.
• In depth knowledge of the creative development process, including effectively and efficiently staffing projects, providing timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions, and producing work on schedule. Must be able to effectively lead junior creative staff members, vendors, freelancers, photographers and illustrators as needed.
• You are proficient in design software used in the design process, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Experience with 3D software is a plus.
• Collaborates with Writers, Designers, and Associate Creative Directors to set the tone and concept for a project.
• Designs content and interfaces under the limited direction of an Associate Creative Director.
• This position requires a proven track record of graphic design and art direction for the web, particularly for the marketing of major brands; strong knowledge of interactive creative development processes; and experience developing innovative solutions with limited guidance from an Associate Creative Director.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Resource Manager checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)