- Hybrid in Cupertino, CA or Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kendra Campbell
This assignment with Aquent's client is part of the Human Interface Design team, which includes media products, creator tools, commerce services, and productivity apps.
We're searching for a UX Writer to design new and better experiences across services through the lens of language. Specifically, this role will focus on Podcasts and Podcasts Connect — the listener and creator sides of podcasting.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have experience with audio-focused apps and/or subscription products.
- Are curious about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
- Know how to work with wireframes and functional specs.
- Are interested in proposing what's right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
- Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining open to adjustments based on input from others.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Think long-term, but act quickly.
- Are comfortable managing several projects simultaneously.
- Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
- Collaborate and build relationships across product functions, demonstrating an ability to circulate and advocate for language.
- Dream about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up to the responsibilities that come with that.
- Have an inexhaustible attention to detail.
- Enjoy contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature
The Writing arm of our Human Interface Design team works across services and products, including ones that are currently available and ones that are just barely being imagined. As a UX Writer embedded within the Podcasts and Podcasts Connect teams, you'll be responsible for many things, including:
- Developing language for user flows, subscriptions, upsells, and tooling aimed at listeners and creators of podcasts.
- Building close relationships with folks working on various aspects of the Podcasts ecosystem, as well as with people in related lines of business like Music.
- Working on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education.
- Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy.
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to define and execute our product roadmap.
- Spending time with QA, Legal, and Localization teams to ensure content appears properly for every audience.
- Addressing feedback and improving the performance of our content and customer experience.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Resource Manager checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)