- Saudi Arabia (Expat)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Vicki Schuch
We are seeking a Corporate Communication Strategist to join the Strategy Development & Messaging Unit in the Corporate Communication Department. This role is in Saudi Arabia.
The successful candidate will serve as a corporate communication strategist, responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating communications strategies based on Aramco’s corporate Business Plan and corporate communications strategy.
The Corporate Communication Strategist will work as part of a team that defines the company’s Corporate Communication Strategy and supporting Content Guides. They will also ensure any functional/business unit communications initiatives align to and integrate with the overall Corporate Communication Strategy, and work with stakeholders across the company to develop and implement strategic messaging and narratives that reinforce business objectives.
The successful candidate will have eight to twelve years of experience in strategic communications, either in-house or in a consultancy. Experience in the Oil & Gas or Energy Sector is preferred, regional experience also desirable.
- You will have strong academic credentials, holding a Bachelors’ degree, with advanced or professional qualifications in Communications or related disciplines also desirable.
- You will have proven experience in developing and delivering integrated corporate communications strategies in a global, diversified, and agile organization.
- You must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- You must also have professional gravitas, credibility, and diplomacy skills to liaise with senior leaders and executives.
- You will serve as a key interface and coordination point across business lines, managing input from relevant stakeholders, Business Communications team, and the broader Corporate Affairs department.
- You will have the ability to confidently present to senior management and explain communication strategies, techniques, and KPIs.
- You must be fluent in written and verbal English; Arabic language skills not mandatory but desirable.
- Stakeholder mapping and research that helps to build a deep understanding of the audience and their needs.
- Leveraging data-driven insights (including corporate reputation tracking, media analysis, benchmarking) to inform a strategic approach, communication objectives, and KPIs.
- Developing compelling, multi-channel communications strategies, with input from leadership and corporate affairs.
- Developing clear and consistent messaging narratives and supporting materials, drawing on proof points to validate messages.
- Developing content including but not limited to key messages, FAQs and factsheets, strategic briefs for content.
- Coordinating and planning with other Corporate Affairs teams to successfully activate the communication strategies – including through media relations, social media, event management, publishing, internal communications, speechwriting, and other marketing/communications channels as appropriate.
- Identify and develop a calendar of strategic communication engagements and opportunities.
- Development of specific communications objectives, KPIs, and metrics to measure the effectiveness and impact of communications and external engagement with content and understanding
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
This Expat position is in Saudi Arabia and includes INCREDIBLE benefits: https://www.aramco.com/en/careers/non-saudi-applicants/benefits
Must be a North American passport holder. Aramco will be inviting qualified candidates to their Hiring Event in Houston in October.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.