- Saudi Arabia (Expat)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Vicki Schuch
We are seeking a Corporate Historian to join the Corporate Communication Department. at our headquarters in Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of an archives and corporate history function. They will be responsible for overseeing the researching, assessing and preserving of all important corporate historical assets to ensure any functional/business unit communications initiatives align to and integrate with the overall Corporate Communication Strategy and support the narrative development and strategic messaging that reinforces business objectives and enhances the Company’s reputation.
- The successful candidate will have ten or more years of experience in archiving and business archives, with demonstrable knowledge of communications. Experience in the Oil & Gas or Energy Sector is preferred, regional experience also desirable.
- You will have strong academic credentials, preferably holding a Masters’ degree in archiving or Bachelors’ degree plus accredited postgraduate diploma in archiving or digital preservation.
- You will have proven experience in archiving and digital record keeping in a global, diversified, and agile organization.
- You must have proven experience in digital preservation strategies and standards, as well as metadata curation, digital libraries, and/or digital repositories.
- You will have knowledge of Archives Management Systems such as AToM, ArchivesSpace, Axiell/Adlib, etc.
- You will have knowledge of digital preservation tools (e.g., ArchiveIT, Archivematica, Preservica) as well as digital asset management software applications.
- You will be highly proficient with desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat Professional, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and an ability to learn new IT systems.
- You must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, as well as strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- You must also have professional gravitas, credibility, and diplomacy skills to liaise with senior leaders and executives.
- You will have the ability to confidently present to senior management and explain communication strategies, techniques, and KPIs.
- You must be fluent in written and verbal English; Arabic language skills not mandatory but desirable.
- Development and implementation of an archiving strategy that includes considerations for staffing, structure, systems, software and processes.
- Oversee, and project manage a baseline audit of historical assets that will include an evaluation of assets that are available, the formats, location, perishability, ownership etc.
- Validate these audit findings and categorizations in line with your prior approach to similar work and use your experience to devise a strategy for set up according to clear, achievable milestones and timelines.
- Partner and collaborate across company departments to develop strategies, programs and tactics to promote the Company history as a brand asset that aligns with the company’s business direction.
- Advocate for the relevancy and benefits of having such a developed corporate history function and how it supports corporate communications.
- Oversee the recruitment process for individual team members; direct and manage your team members, supervising their work and taking responsibility for their delivery.
- Development of specific KPIs, and metrics to measure the effectiveness and impact of function.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development. We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
This position is in Saudi Arabia and includes INCREDIBLE benefits: https://www.aramco.com/en/careers/non-saudi-applicants/benefits
Must be a North American passport holder. Aramco will be inviting qualified candidates to their Hiring Event in Houston in October.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.