- Remote; Virtual; West Coast Required
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Marly Caro
This UX team is at the forefront of new innovations, driving monetization across several apps. We are a family of products that are defining new ways to engage and enrich existing & new user experiences, working closely with our organic partners to create compelling monetizable experiences. Our team designing for local intents is growing!
As an Interaction Designer on the team you will be responsible for visualizing local monetized experiences. This is a fast growth area that looks holistically at the local journey across our properties, helping consumers and businesses connect and get things done. As a member of this dedicated cross-functional team, you will be responsible for building, launching and growing commercial experiences.
You are a craft designer with skills that span the spectrum of user experience and visual design. You enjoy being the design owner of features, working with Product and UXR to identify opportunities and visualizing the future.
You are a component designer and system-level thinker. You understand that the details do matter and balance the craft of design with a user centered approach to problem solving. You draw your inspiration from design innovation both inside and outside of the company, inspiring others with your discoveries. You're a strong collaborator, able to influence product direction with clarity of thought and an empathetic point of view.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them.
- You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many surfaces.
- Weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users find unrivaled value in beautiful and accessible experiences
- You’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine our design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
- Arts degree or considerable commercial experience in an agency or similar design studio.
- Outstanding diverse portfolio of responsive web design and mobile app projects, clearly identifying TCs contributions to the visual design.
- Highly proficient use of design tools, e.g. Figma, Photoshop
- Strong interaction and motion design experience.
- Solid understanding of accessibility in web design.
- Skilled use of typography on mobile devices.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Solid photography experience
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Proficient use of prototyping tools, e.g Principle
A giant in the Tech Industry, this company's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. This company is committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything they do—from how they build their products to how they build their workforce. Consistently named one of Forbes top employers, this company works hard to attract, retain and progress the best Talent.
A career here gives you the opportunity to be part of something bigger:
Expanding Opportunity - Providing people with information, tools and services to help them build knowledge, fuel curiosity, and unlock opportunity.
Protecting Users - Keeping billions of people safer online.
Including all Voices - Building a world where progress, equitable outcomes, diversity, and inclusion can be realities both inside and outside our workplace.
Responding to Crisis - Helping those affected by crisis through products, people and partners.
Advancing Sustainability - Unifying practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale.
Are you ready to join the journey?
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.