- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- October 2022
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
This is a REMOTE role open to authorized candidates based in the US who are able to work Eastern or Central timezone hours.
Our client is seeking a Communications Specialist to support their Healthcare Provider Communications team. In this Consultant role, you will provide ownership of end-to-end internal and external provider and customer communication planning, development and execution for large group and hospital terminations from their network.
- Build relationships and interface with internal stakeholders (e.g., Contracting, Provider Relations, Service Operations, Product, Public Relations) to develop and coordinate communication plans for standard or enhanced termination activities.
- Act as a communication subject matter expert (e.g., communication planning and development, meetings, emails, activity reporting and analysis) for provider termination activities
- Coordinate with team Provider Communication Lead and market partners on communication content, delivery, and post-communication activity.
- Use and maintain standardized content and templates for provider and customer termination communications
- Create new standardized content and templates for terminations, as needed.
- Ensure all materials go through a review process for approval of message, compliance with contractual, regulatory and legal guidelines, as well as company text and brand standards.
- Leverage internal and external multi-channel distribution.
- Outline risks, dependencies, mitigation options, resources, tactics, timelines, and costs for standard and enhanced provider terminations, when needed.
- Maintain up-to-date termination activity tracking, budget tracking, and capacity information in team reporting tools.
- As needed, document meetings and conference calls in writing, outlining direction and agreements made.
- As needed, coordinate with external print vendors.
Desired candidates will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related discipline
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably including prior employment with a communications or marketing team
- Broad business knowledge of the healthcare services industry
- Knowledge of the healthcare provider experience
- Experience evaluating customer needs; and leveraging strong consulting and project management skills
- Hands-on experience managing communication initiatives from beginning to end
- Experience managing budget estimates, and creating communication plans
- Strong PowerPoint design skills to creatively display content and visually translate key concepts
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic, heavily matrixed environment
- Able to lead multiple projects that require the support of other team members
- Work independently, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
- Solid organization, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support and buy-in
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in MS Office Suite. Strong Excel skills, a plus
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to starting