- Hybrid in Cupertino, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
In this assignment with Aquent's client, the Product and Design Asset Management Team is seeking a Production Designer to help build UI screens. We are looking for a Production Designer who is an authority in Sketch and Adobe CS and fully versed in a range of other design tools. Experience relating to vector creation, grid systems, typography and graphic arts are also useful. The Production Designer is a key player in building UI screens and facilitating graphic design for Media Products. In this role, you will provide production building expertise combined with an extraordinary sense of design acumen to maintain the high-level design and quality standards.
- You strive in a dynamic work environment.
- You are a dedicated individual who understands Apple's high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- You have strong communication skills and are able to explain ideas and direction to others clearly, diplomatically, and concisely.
- You react quickly to new information, opinions, and direction, and you can strategically pivot when necessary.
- You dream of working in a dynamic and creative environment.
- You are an extraordinarily resourceful, a multitasker who builds links by being creative and innovative.
- You are flexible, dedicated, highly organized, and excellent at multitasking.
The Visual Production Designer should be able to command image based and typographical layouts. The designer would prepare assets to strict standards for use in a variety of media: engineering implementation, web use, marketing deliverables or Keynote presentations, in addition to helping extend existing design languages or develop new systems for working more efficiently. Additionally, the designer would spec layouts with pixel level detail. This role works with many other visual designers in a reciprocal environment. An organized individual, with nicely structured files, is essential to the workflow. The position requires deliverables to be provided under tight deadlines — strong communication skills are a requirement, as well as an ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, problem solving, attention to detail, the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change.
Degree in human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Resource Manager checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)